Amazon not so sure anymore

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
Lately I think Amazon.com is not quite what it once was. Sure they offer more now like same day shipping, music and movies but their two day shipping for prime is kinda going wonky, at least from third party sellers. Some are perfectly fine, reach me in two days with no issues and those usually arrive by UPS but then there's the Fed EX ones and they generally take 3 days but the thing is they originate with Fed EX tracking and then on the expected delivery date there is no update and it shows the item stuck in a warehouse three or four states away. On the third day it shows delevery as "Pending" which I'm begging to see just means headed to the post office for potentially another day delay.

Anybody else having this problem ? I think it's more to do with their using the p.o.s Fed EX and then either Fed EX is cutting corners and turning it into "smart post" or Amazon is cutting corners and choosing "smart post" except there is no indication of this on shipping.

Ther latest example is that I ordered a coffee mug and a pound of coffee from Amazon, both third party sellers and both offered free two day delivery wherein I was in the time frame for same day shipping. One item came yesterday as expected , delivered by UPS. The other item is by Fed EX (this is now about the third time in a row I have a late one from Fed EX ) I am still in "pending" mode.

Finally it seems Amazon third party sellers ALWAYS email you the day after deliver asking/reminding you to leave a review :mad:

Not so sure I wanna continue prime if they keep this crap up....give me the advertised two day shipping like in the past and quit soliciting me for reviews :mad:

What are youyr experiences with Amazon lately ?

Every time I buy something from amazon it seems like I don't get exactly what's pictured. Usually disappointed in the items. I don't amazon very often. I think 4 or 5 items ever.

Lately I think Amazon.com is not quite what it once was. Sure they offer more now like same day shipping, music and movies but their two day shipping for prime is kinda going wonky, at least from third party sellers. Some are perfectly fine, reach me in two days with no issues and those usually arrive by UPS but then there's the Fed EX ones and they generally take 3 days but the thing is they originate with Fed EX tracking and then on the expected delivery date there is no update and it shows the item stuck in a warehouse three or four states away. On the third day it shows delevery as "Pending" which I'm begging to see just means headed to the post office for potentially another day delay.

Anybody else having this problem ? I think it's more to do with their using the p.o.s Fed EX and then either Fed EX is cutting corners and turning it into "smart post" or Amazon is cutting corners and choosing "smart post" except there is no indication of this on shipping.

Ther latest example is that I ordered a coffee mug and a pound of coffee from Amazon, both third party sellers and both offered free two day delivery wherein I was in the time frame for same day shipping. One item came yesterday as expected , delivered by UPS. The other item is by Fed EX (this is now about the third time in a row I have a late one from Fed EX ) I am still in "pending" mode.

Finally it seems Amazon third party sellers ALWAYS email you the day after deliver asking/reminding you to leave a review :mad:

Not so sure I wanna continue prime if they keep this crap up....give me the advertised two day shipping like in the past and quit soliciting me for reviews :mad:

What are youyr experiences with Amazon lately ?

Give me convenience or give me death!

I've had little problem. I ordered something that was supposed to arrive yesterday; I had an email from UPS confirming. This morning there was one telling me it was rescheduled for today. That isn't Amazon's fault, for sure. I even have pretty good experience with 3rd party vendors there.

i use amazon a number of times per year. mostly i've had really good luck with them. there have been a few things that were not 'sold by amazon', that came from a third party seller with an amazon store front that were pretty cheap. but so was the price, so.....

the only issue i have, is really not amazon's fault. that's the partnership between ups and usps. where ups sends it to some usps hub and then usps screws around with the package for 4 or 5 days before delivering it. again...not amazon's issue. good example.....package will arrive in columbus,ohio.....and then instead of going to toledo, ohio.....it goes to a usps in a detroit michigan suburb, and THEN back to usps in toledo, ohio....THEN out for delivery.
S T U P I D!! just adds 2 or 3 days to the delivery time.

It seems like they use different carriers in different regions.

Back east most of my deliveries came through UPS or my mail carrier (which was probably UPS surepost, which is handled by the USPS). Delivery was very consistent.
In the NW, everything so far has come via FedEX or actual Amazon trucks & the delivery time-frame has been much more inconsistent.

That said, I prefer to find products sold directly by Amazon as my experience has always been a little better overall, especially when there's an issue and you contact them.

Amy from amazon should be able to help.

amazon-kindle-hdx-live-free-tech-support-amy-mayday.jpg

I live in Silicon Valley, and Amazon is tits here. Most stuff we order from Amazon Prime gets her super fast. I'm sure that it varies the further from civilization one gets...

Every once in a while my Prime orders take three days, but that’s probably because I’m ordering at night. At the end of the day I can’t think of a better deal than Prime, or a vendor with a better selection of everything. And Amazon is opening a new distribution center nearby, so it’s going to get better.

When a third party is involved, I try to stick to stuff that is fulfilled by Amazon.

Even then, I've had items show up on time but via three different carriers.
I figured out that it was one sold by Amazon, one sold by Amazon but larger parcel, and the other by a third party but fulfilled by Amazon. All coming from, presumably, the same place, but different scenarios/contracts triggered different carriers.
It seems silly, but it probably saves them time and money by sticking to the process instead of accommodating for what would be seen as an exception to the current systems.

Yeah, you have to look for "amazon fulfillment". If it isn't, then I expect it to be delayed even if it is listed as prime. You just have to manage your expectations. If it ships from china, give it a month.

They charge me tax. Hate that.
they're charging most people tax, now. that started this year. even so, there's tons of stuff i order that i would play blue hell trying to find in a store locally, so i just pay it and get what i want.

Back