Am I wrong to want this?

Id rather shell out $75 for a pignose amp and put the $200 into batteries.

images-1.jpg

How can you judge your tone and playing with your arm blocking the speaker?

I understand the appeal of going completely portable, but that thing probably sounds like low-grade iguana crap. Like a $4 import bluetooth speaker.

Id rather shell out $75 for a pignose amp and put the $200 into batteries.

View attachment 27470

Straight up with the Pignose. That little bastard's got some bold-ass retro tone.

I wish they made a version with more modern features that wouldn't change its inherent vintage sound and vibe. Maybe an aux/usb in port for playing along with backing tracks. Maybe a simple onboard tuner. Maybe two or three selectable tone stacks: the unaltered classic Pignose sound, classic rock, and modern. It's PCB solid state, so adding such features without altering the basic tone should be do-able.

Last edited:
As a novelty item I think it's cool, but not at that price.
A pig nose defeats the purpose of one piece of equipment to carry. Camping with it would be pretty cool. Or noodling out ideas.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I just skip to the last chapter in this story:

take your $300 out back and light it on fire.

That's the conclusion I came to as well but it is one of those "If I had expendable income" things.
Would be fun to toy around with.
I'm currently on the hunt for a "real" guitar anyway but came across this and had to watch the comedy unfold.

Ah give the guy a break. Might not be my choice, but for a beater to throw in the car, I use a cheap guitalele, so who am i to criticize.

I don't think it would sound very good. But, so what if it was fun to throw in the car and mess with.

As an alternative, however, what about a Vox DA-5?

could use it with any beater squier or whatever you threw in the car. Plus it has some effects built in to mess with.

EDIT: they are like $50 - $60 used in good condition from GC used.

Last edited:
Back