Question: Am I the only one here (not hear) that has done this exact task?

mikesr1963

Gonna walk my dog, you?
13307350_1101829479902928_7114404390569543821_n.jpg

Never all at once. My grandparents, my best friend and our place in the mountains had a rotary phone, but no black and white tvs or 8 tracks. I had an 8 track, my aunt did and my parent's van did (not mini van, this was pre mini van). I'll one up this though. Our place in the mountains had a tv that got 2 channels. One from DC and the other from Harrisonburg. In order to do that, we had an antenna that was huge at the top of a really tall poll. When we needed to switch the channel, someone had to spin the pole while someone watched the tv and there had to be a middle man. The person watching the tv would yell to the middle man so they could yell to the person spinning the antenna to stop when the picture came in :grin:

I seem to remember that we mostly had push-button phones by the time 8-tracks came out. Of course, the memory can be fuzzy as time goes on.

I've dialed a rotary next to a B&W TV with foil on it and separately listened to an 8 track in a room with a rotary phone. So...close enough.

i've done all those, not all at the same time. the 8 track was in the car. so i couldn't dial a rotary phone WHILE listening to the 8 track. :grin:

i'll go a little further. some of my favorite shows when i was young were Honey West, Route 66, 77 Sunset Strip, Man from UNCLE, Get Smart.....:old:
the first 3 were B&W only.

Had the rotary phone, had the 8 track which sucked for trying to fast forward to a specific song, bit I was living the high life with the rotary antenna box on top of the TV that would turn the antenna on the roof.

i've done all those, not all at the same time. the 8 track was in the car. so i couldn't dial a rotary phone WHILE listening to the 8 track. :grin:

i'll go a little further. some of my favorite shows when i was young were Honey West, Route 66, 77 Sunset Strip, Man from UNCLE, Get Smart.....:old:
the first 3 were B&W only.
You had television when you were a kid? We played with sticks and hoops. :old:

we didn't get our first microwave until i was out of the USAF and in college. we had push button phones by then and cassette tapes in the car.

Back