Alvarez A/E NGD

Stratguy

Coffee Junky
So there was a restock guitar on a Stupid Deal of the Day recently, and the price was so good that I had to take a chance. I figured is there was a reason it was restocked, I could always send it back too. Well, it came today, and I am super stoked. What a beautiful sounding guitar, and the Sunburst finish is even better than I had hoped. Ok, here's the lowdown:

It's an Alvarez Artist 60's series AD60CESB Dreadnaught Acoustic Electric.
3 band equalizer
Notch filter
Tuner
An under saddle pick up, a soundboard pickup, and a mix control for the pickups.
1/4" and XLR outputs
Solid A grade quartersawn Sitka Spruce top
Mahogany back and sides
Rosewood bridge
Rosewood fretboard
Real bone saddle and nut
Paua abalone and mother of pearl rosette inlay
Satin finished neck.

I got home this afternoon to find the box on the front porch, and I couldn't wait to inspect and play this guitar. It totally exceeded my expectations! I found no flaws on this guitar, and the sound is beautifully balanced between the highs and lows, and the 3 band EQ + the pickup mixer allow for me to fine tune the sound that I want - not to mention it gives me a great way to tailor the sound to any venue. It has such a wonderfully full resonance, that even though I had more things to do tonight, I just had a hard time putting it down. Oh, and i got it for $279, and it's currently listed at $425.

Ok, here's the eye candy.

Last edited:
Back