Almond Milk

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Anyone here need to buy it, or does buy it?

The local Meijers here had some on sale, so I bought a half-gallon of the unsweetened, just to try it.

While it's not quite :ack: , I think it needs a bit of sweetening to be better, for my tastes.

I use it in my berry smoothies..

It's supposed to be good for you and it thins the smoothie out a bit..
No good in hot drinks like tea-coffee where you'd use cream or milk...

I like the unsweetened version myself however, I've moved on to cashew milk because it's less watery and creamier.

get on my level, son.

Blarg, no thanks. I don't go through much milk - on cereal about once a week, and when a recipe calls for it. But when I do use it I want genuine cow juice.

I'm not much of a milk drinker, but my g/f likes the light vanilla almond milk on her cereal. I guess with lots of folks being lactose intolerant, all the almond, coconut, soy, cashew milks must be a good thing for them.

1wifes been dairy free for a few months now cuz it doesnt agree with the nursing baby. So we always have almond milk in stock. Its ok but I prefer the almond/coconut mix.

Of course I prefer cow juice over either

We have used almond milk regularly for about two years, mainly due to wife's issues. I don't drink that much regular milk to begin with, so it;s OK for cereal and that kind of thing. For cooking, though, you generally need the real stuff.

I used to drink it but switched back to regular milk earlier this year. I don't drink enough milk anymore to justify buying milk that expires more quickly after opening, is more expensive, and doesn't actually taste better, just to save on some calories.

Back