all headstocks are beautiful

Gentlemen, I present to you, an outright ugly headstock.

Suhr_headstock_bb_s.jpg

well, we are in agreement then :)

import BCRs are terrible players for the money. they're heavy, unresonant, and tend to have features that add no tonal value (like quilted maple). the USA line is horribly overpriced. the shapes are cool though. :grin:

my Riches (all imports) were cheap as dirt.
didn't hit $200 on either, not by a long shot.
wouldn't have bought them otherwise.
don't see them as less resonant than anything else I've played, with the exception of the LP I used to have.
no frills, no bells & whistles...hell, the SOB one is one pup, one knob, no trem.
barebones as you can get.
shape is silly as hell :grin:
plays great, though.

I still wanna see Mark playing a blues gig with it :lol:

import BCRs are terrible players for the money. they're heavy, unresonant, and tend to have features that add no tonal value (like quilted maple). the USA line is horribly overpriced. the shapes are cool though. :grin:

You could say the same about alot of guitars really. I've had good luck with BCR imports. Their Calibre line was, in a word, unbelievable for the money. Their higher end imports are great. The lower end ones....well........

Whatever. I have room for so many guitars and they aren't gonna be butt ugly ones.
Too many cool ones to choose from to resort to stupid gimmicks and bad ideas formed by committees or drug addled brains.

I do. Pointy guitars, warlocks, vees, wangcasters, etc. get dismissed before I even know what's in them. They're ugly and I don't want them.

hell yeah. I base guitar purchases 100% on looks. tone is in the amp and pickups. but the amp better look cool too or its a fail.

nice edit. :tongue:

Thanks. :tongue:

And, no I don't buy guitars based solely upon looks but there are only so many wood/hardware/electronics combinations available. If I want two humbuckers and a tune o matic bridge, I'm going to find one that's visually appealing, good sounding and easy playing. It won't be pointy. That's why we have choices.
I mostly prefer classic designs. I want my tele to look like a tele and my les paul to look like a les paul. Sue me.

Back