All fast food still sucks...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by paulskirocks, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010
  1. paulskirocks Blue Zone Compliant

...which is why we are making mahi fish tacos, black beans, rice pilaf, and steamed artichokes for lunch...:)
  2. May 23, 2010
  3. gibby mcfender breast enthusiast

That sounds fantastic!! If I had your mad kitchen skillz, I'd probably think the same. But until then... I favor Wendy's if it has to be fast food.
  4. May 23, 2010
  5. Mark Wein :mad:

Sounds great! We're going to a memorial concert in a couple of hours (I have to play a little bit) and they have food but I don't know what it is.
  6. May 23, 2010
  7. 84thDream Glitter and Papier-mâché

hey don't be slandering fast food!
  8. May 23, 2010
  9. Kerouac weird musical dildo

My fridge has been empty for three days, I didn't get home until 6 a.m. and my first move upon waking up this morning was to call Chinese Delivery. canigobacktobednow? :annoyed:
  10. May 23, 2010
  11. Saturn Model Citizen 0 Disipline

Hey I'm a fast food addict! I don't eat it all that much any more because the wife is a good cook and likes to feed me but I can sure dig a Double Quarter Pounder or a Whopper every now and then.

The fish tacos sounds great though. Now I'm hungry.:facepalm:
  12. May 23, 2010
  13. OGG Master of the Meh

You can get Chinese delivery at 6:00 AM ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Holy crap, that's awesome!
  14. May 23, 2010
  15. DdBob bro

I just had a greasy homemade 1/4 lb burger on toast, cooked in a frying ppan in order to soak up and marinate in it's own grease cheese drool0eat0
  16. May 23, 2010
  17. Kerouac weird musical dildo

No, I didn't get HOME until 6 a.m. When I woke up, I order Chinese. :weebz:
  18. May 23, 2010
  19. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

Agreed. I try to get deli sandwiches or pizza on days I don't bring lunch.
  20. May 23, 2010
  21. jelloman couched tater...

where's your new job? you live in or near the mecca of dining experiences...
  22. May 23, 2010
  23. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

Jamaica Center. it's all fast food. there's a nearby food court that is all independent stands, and it's still fast food.

i do try to bring lunch regularly though. it's cheaper and even with deli sandwiches, there's way too much sodium.
  24. May 23, 2010
  25. jelloman couched tater...

...queens...doesn't anybody have a decent bistro in queens?
  26. May 23, 2010
  27. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

of course, there's plenty where i live. just not where i work. it's fine, i shouldn't be buying lunch anyway. i'd rather save that money and go out for a nice dinner once a week instead.
  28. May 23, 2010
  29. jelloman couched tater...

a sound financial plan...
  30. May 23, 2010
  31. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

Astoria has gotten very trendy over the past couple of years. there's cool places to eat all over. Jamaica Center is under major renovation. the city has sunk a lot of money into revitalizing the area. hopefully that trend will continue, though i don't see it being a trendy place to live, ever.
  32. May 23, 2010
  33. jelloman couched tater...

Jamaica has a major image issue to vercome...no amount of revtalization financing is going to change an entire generation's attitude about the neigborhood...

...your in Astoria?...I always thought you were in manhattan...
  34. May 23, 2010
  35. instantsteve Glowing Cloud

I remember a Greek seafood place in Astoria--Elias's Corner I think its name was. I ate charcoal grilled octopus, and it looked like something they serve at a Klingon restaurant on Startrek Deep Space 9. Tasted great though.
  36. May 24, 2010
  37. Help!I'maRock! Chud Staff

Elias' Corner is great, if not a little scary. you have to get past the fish staring back at you as you eat it.

Jello - i've been in Astoria for 7 years now. Strings and Mazi Bee are the Manhattanites.
  38. May 24, 2010
  39. Mark Wein :mad:

Is that where the train station is? From the platform it used to look like a set from "Escape from New York".