Alien: Isolation anyone?

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
Got this game as a free download when I got my graphics card... it's a fantastic game. Very immersive (playing through headphones on laptop) and scary as hell.

I'm on mission 14 out of 19...

Anyone else playing/played AI?

It's on my list, but I figure if I hold off a bit longer it will eventually end up on my PSN free monthly download.

It's on my list, but I figure if I hold off a bit longer it will eventually end up on my PSN free monthly download.

I've never played a survival/horror game before, but I'm a big fan of the movies... if you like the movies, especially the first one, then this game is a must.

On the last mission... a bit of a tedious slog, very tense and frightening but yet I continue to be drawn to it like moth to flame!

I'm playing this game at the moment, after seeing it on steam for a stupid good deal.

I love this game! & I'd love it even more if I could use some VR goggles & surround sound with it.

I'm playing this game at the moment, after seeing it on steam for a stupid good deal.

I love this game! & I'd love it even more if I could use some VR goggles & surround sound with it.

Yeah it's been out for 6 months now so it's uber cheap. I got it for free actually when I got my new video card late last year.

I'm a big fan of the Alien movies and like I said above I'd never played a horror/survival game... man what an initiation!

I've heard that there are ways to play it with Oculus Rift and the sound through headphones is excellent (I used the sound more than the motion tracker sometimes). Although I though the game was scary/tense enough just on a laptop, I'd never get any sleep if I played it through VR goggles!

How far along are you?

I'm trying to find my way to comms control, so I can send a message to my ship. I haven't played it much lately, but I'll get back into it- it's kind of a shame to break the flow of a game.

I'm trying to find my way to comms control, so I can send a message to my ship. I haven't played it much lately, but I'll get back into it- it's kind of a shame to break the flow of a game.

Hmm... there are a few places like that in the game. Have you gotten past the medical bay missions yet? :grin:

Also, this game needs to be played with headphones... the sound is absolutely fantastic and actually crucial to surviving as well.

Got AI out of mothballs to run through it again. Even when you know what's coming (to some extent, there's a lot of randomness and the Alien AI is excellent!) it's still scary!

I'm blowing through it pretty quickly though... what took over a month before I cranked out in less than a week, but it's fun!

Got AI out of mothballs to run through it again. Even when you know what's coming (to some extent, there's a lot of randomness and the Alien AI is excellent!) it's still scary!

I'm blowing through it pretty quickly though... what took over a month before I cranked out in less than a week, but it's fun!
s'a good October game! I've been playing through the first dead space for similar reasons. tis the season, etc.

s'a good October game! I've been playing through the first dead space for similar reasons. tis the season, etc.

First Dead Space is a great game.

Second one was too difficult at first, like ridiculously so.

Third one was way different and gets a lot of hate but I liked it.

Finished it up last night again. One mission near the end was still a bitch... again the Alien AI is just so well done, different every time. If you want a great/cheap (now) scary game for Halloween, grab AI, especially if you're a fan of the movies at all. Nails the atmosphere, sound is great (must play through headphones) and it's just creepy as hell. :grin::cool:

Edit: Does Jimmy James from HCGF ever come over here? He was a big Alien fan...

Back