Airline Blues Part 2

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
My return flight ran late; then they had a problem with the exit ramp. I once again did an OJ Simpson sprint (well as close to a sprint as I can do) from Gate D28 to Gate C28, with about 3 minutes to make it. I didn't. They booked me for a 9:20 AM flight in the morning and offered me a "discounted" hotel room for $70.00. :rolleyes:

I'm camping at the airport. God only knows where my luggage is; they made a bunch of us check luggage due to lack of room in the carry-on section.

To make it worse, there was a bar/restaurant that appeared open; folks sitting and eating and drinking. I sat down and was informed they are closed.

To make it worse, there was a bar/restaurant that appeared open; folks sitting and eating and drinking. I sat down and was informed they are closed.
no_hippies_allowed.jpg

There have been some folks waiting for a flight that was diverted. They just announced that it is cancelled and they will run an extra flight tomorrow at noon.

I am glad there are no firearms in the terminal. :embarrassed:

I used to love flying, but lately I have come to loathe it.

And United is the worst airline. I had to use them to fly to Canada last year, and it was the most miserable flight I have even been on. Seats are way too cramped and uncomfortable, and don't get me started about getting my connection in Chicago.:gah:

My transportation was paid for by MAADAC. For next year's conference, if I don't drive (it will be in Maryland), I will be sure that we don't use United.

Back