Ah, Spring is here - Official Baseball Thread 2012

:cry:

You guys might be surprised. Houston Street is looking great.

Street is a solid closer, though he is painful to watch. Not really a 1 - 2 - 3 kind of guy. Gets in and out of jams all the time. The issue is you have to be winning a game at the end in order for the closer to have much of an effect...:embarrassed:

Jamie Moyer is the 8th most winningest lefty in the history of the game. I think he's almost a lock for HoF. What's amazing is he's been better after the age of 40 than any pitcher ever, and a class act taboot. I like the guy and wish him the best, he led the Phils in wins the year they won it all so he's got a special place in history for me.

Jamie Moyer is the 8th most winningest lefty in the history of the game. I think he's almost a lock for HoF. What's amazing is he's been better after the age of 40 than any pitcher ever, and a class act taboot. I like the guy and wish him the best, he led the Phils in wins the year they won it all so he's got a special place in history for me.

that's just it. dude has a legit shot as it is. he's not a first balloter like Pedro Martinez, but he's not getting voted off so fast, especially as advanced metrics come into play. And put "300 Game Winner" in front of his name, and morons like Jon Heyman say "well hey, he's not my choice, but he won 300 games. sure, why not?"

that's just it. dude has a legit shot as it is. he's not a first balloter like Pedro Martinez, but he's not getting voted off so fast, especially as advanced metrics come into play. And put "300 Game Winner" in front of his name, and morons like Jon Heyman say "well hey, he's not my choice, but he won 300 games. sure, why not?"

Yep. He has done more than enough to earn a spot. 300 wins/600 HRs/3000 hits seem to be the magic numbers for some guys...

Yep. He has done more than enough to earn a spot. 300 wins/600 HRs/3000 hits seem to be the magic numbers for some guys...

i've begun to realize over the past year that the writers who think that aren't baseball writers. they're gossip writers who happen to focus on baseball. they don't actually know anything about the game and what it takes to win. hmmm...maybe Jon Heyman is the WIN METHOD guy...

...probability that the Mets trade Wright?...

depends on health and production. if he's healthy and productive, then 100%. if not, they pick up his option for next year and try and trade him then. same for Santana. likely stuck with Bay no matter what.

the important thing in a trade like that (again, if he's healthy) is that it helps to build the farm system, which is ranked 16th by Fangraphs. the right pieces back along with a strong draft could move them as high as 10th by next year.

depends on health and production. if he's healthy and productive, then 100%. if not, they pick up his option for next year and try and trade him then. same for Santana. likely stuck with Bay no matter what.

the important thing in a trade like that (again, if he's healthy) is that it helps to build the farm system, which is ranked 16th by Fangraphs. the right pieces back along with a strong draft could move them as high as 10th by next year.

...I think Wright (if healthy) is the best trade bait they have. I dont think you could get enough for Santana to do what the Mets need to do (build the farm system, as you said)...

...I think Wright (if healthy) is the best trade bait they have. I dont think you could get enough for Santana to do what the Mets need to do (build the farm system, as you said)...

the problem with Santana is his contract. he's owed $55 million. but he's throwing freely and his velocity is coming back. if they're willing to provide substantial salary relief, he could actually net the most. i mean, who wouldn't want a healthy Johan Santana going into the postseason?

Wasn't he supposed to become the new majority owner of the team?

That was the plan, but MLB said no. Something to do with his working on the new TV contract and setting up the new Fox Sports San Diego Network. Because of MLB's interference, he has basically thrown in the towel. John Moores will now have to find a new buyer.

That was the plan, but MLB said no. Something to do with his working on the new TV contract and setting up the new Fox Sports San Diego Network. Because of MLB's interference, he has basically thrown in the towel. John Moores will now have to find a new buyer.

i think Bud didn't like him because he was an agent before becoming a part owner. and by throwing Moorad under the bus, he sends a signal to Scott Boras t put ideas of buying a team out of his head.

but that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

i think Bud didn't like him because he was an agent before becoming a part owner. and by throwing Moorad under the bus, he sends a signal to Scott Boras t put ideas of buying a team out of his head.

but that's just my tin foil hat conspiracy theory.

Well then please send a time and location of the next Tin Foil Hat Club meeting, because I think there is a great deal of truth in that theory. The local sports media types have all pretty much said the same thing...

50. Jamie Moyer also owns a very successful Auto Glass Replacement Company in the Seattle area.

Well then please send a time and location of the next Tin Foil Hat Club meeting, because I think there is a great deal of truth in that theory. The local sports media types have all pretty much said the same thing...

i'm not much of a fan of "local sports media types". then again, my "local sports media types" are Jon Heyman, Mike Lupica, and Joel Sherman. they're not baseball columnists, they're gossip writers.

Back