Ah, Spring is here - Official Baseball Thread 2012

I was hoping to see a little more from the Tigers. idn_smilie

At least we saw some outstanding pitching innings from both teams this Series. You gotta' love the high speed cameras for the excellent slo-mo photography.

And so the long winter began. But sooner than we think, the boys of summer will return again

And so the long winter began. But sooner than we think, the boys of summer will return again

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops." - A. Bartlett Giamatti

Best Series Ever. It had everything, and closed in the most fitting fashion possible; Cabrara caught looking.

Truth....and we can look forward to all the free agent signings in the meantime. And the Josh Hamliton sweepstakes....who has the advantage on this one? Texas, LA, or the Yankees?

And idiots rioting in the streets. Don't forget that all too important part.

Yeah, unfortunately. I don't remember that happening in 2010, and I have always been against that when other teams fans rioted. It's embarrassing.

With a move to the AL comes new uniforms and logos for the Astros. Well, semi-new, as they went back to the orange and blue with the orange star.
ap-astros-uniforms-baseball_005-4_3_rx512_c680x510.jpg

AstrosNewLogos.png

czblmxp

And a first time ever mascot, "Orbit" the space Tele-tubby
700_1351912119.JPG

The Astros moved to the American League?

I was going to comment on them not playing baseball anymore, because of the stupid DH. But they were barely playing baseball as it is. :embarrassed:

World Series was boring.

If you love shut out pitching from one team then I suppose it would be exciting...and if you followed that team for a spell and really liked them...

Hey...at least Bonds is long gone off of the roster!

World Series was boring.

If you love shut out pitching from one team then I suppose it would be exciting...and if you followed that team for a spell and really liked them...

Hey...at least Bonds is long gone off of the roster!

baseball is about pitching. Detroit had it in games 2 and 3, but never could get ahead. yeah, SF swept. but it had two really tight games that could have gone either way. IMO, if you're not watching for the pitching then what are you watching for?

I know Ryan Braun is old news, but do you guys think he juiced?

no, i just think he had herpes.

oh, and w/r/t your FB post, i don't think Tori Hunter leaving the Angels is such a bad thing. they need to move on. yeah, he'll be successful somewhere else, but he's on the downside of his career and won't continue to put up the kinda numbers that warrant the contract he will want.

no, i just think he had herpes.

oh, and w/r/t your FB post, i don't think Tori Hunter leaving the Angels is such a bad thing. they need to move on. yeah, he'll be successful somewhere else, but he's on the downside of his career and won't continue to put up the kinda numbers that warrant the contract he will want.

I would like to think he would take a small hometown discount. And I really don't think Peter Bourjous is the answer. People talk about his leadership and crap but the guy hit .313 and had 92 RBIs. He is also still an extremely solid defender. Pete hit .271 in 2011 (full year) and .220 in 160 AB's last year.

Back