Ah, Spring is here - Official Baseball Thread 2012

You guys that said Tigers in 4,5 or 6 may want to reconsider.

You may be right, the team that's won game 1 has won 90% of the last dozen or so World Series. The Giants offense seems to be waking up, that to me looked like their biggest weakness. Verlander also laid a turd when it counts, as he has in past World Series appearances (0-3 with a 5.14 ERA). It'll be interesting to see if the Tigers bounce back with Fister (lol) on the mound or just kinda roll over again in San Fran.

Anyone who isn't convinced that the DH is an abomination should take notice of Zitos 2 out RBI single. That is how the game is played.

Posey's tag looked like an out to me. From one camera angle, he managed to tag Fielder's foot that was tucked under, just before the other foot touched home.

Oh, and the first pitch from the triple amputee Marine was fucking awesome!

hey Phil!

The Las Vegas 51's will be the triple-A affiliate for the Mets next season. Wally Backman will be the manager.

NSFW

:grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Phil!

The Las Vegas 51's will be the triple-A affiliate for the Mets next season. Wally Backman will be the manager.

NSFW

:grin:

No way, really? I think it would be great to get them back to a NL division, having the DH bugs me to no end. :thu:

Looks like he'll be fun. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
That was just great baseball. Fister has one hard F'ing head, glad he was OK. Classic Giants 'torture' game, pitchers duel then attack the bullpen for a run or 2. MadBum was dominant in yet another redemption moment for a Giants this post season. Then, ROMO.

Back