Again with the Reverb

I'm starting to feel like an underachiever for just using my amp's reverb. Well...that and a few other reasons. :)

I feel your pain Chad. I think I've got my reverb covered (Boss RV-5, Boss FDR-1 Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb, the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue amp). What I am going around and around about is delays. I've currently got a Boss DD-3, and a TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 Vintage Echo Delay, but I'm not completely happy with either one. I toyed with the idea of the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay, but that would get more complicated than I really want to go. There is the Boss Tera Echo, and at times I think I might like that one. Then there are the other times.

Right now, I'm just listening to a lot of youtube delay videos, so I can narrow it down. I want something simple, but "perfect," all at the same time. lmbo

I feel your pain Chad. I think I've got my reverb covered (Boss RV-5, Boss FDR-1 Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb, the Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue amp). What I am going around and around about is delays. I've currently got a Boss DD-3, and a TC Electronic Alter Ego V2 Vintage Echo Delay, but I'm not completely happy with either one. I toyed with the idea of the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay, but that would get more complicated than I really want to go. There is the Boss Tera Echo, and at times I think I might like that one. Then there are the other times.

Right now, I'm just listening to a lot of youtube delay videos, so I can narrow it down. I want something simple, but "perfect," all at the same time. lmbo
not to derail the thread, but delays make me crazy. I feel as though I'll never find the right one. Honestly, the Carbon Copy has probably come the closest for me, but the search continues.

not to derail the thread, but delays make me crazy. I feel as though I'll never find the right one. Honestly, the Carbon Copy has probably come the closest for me, but the search continues.

I have the same problem with delay, but I am not the best at using delay, so I tend to fuss over it less than reverb.

yeah, I'm willing to admit that user error is somewhere between 99-100% of the problem.
I have kind of thrown in the towel on delay for now. I am just going to stick with my Recoil. It does sounds good and I have it set at for a delay that works for me.

I have the same problem with delay, but I am not the best at using delay, so I tend to fuss over it less than reverb.

I usually use delay on my boards and rarely carry reverb. In fact I use delay about only 10% now at max.

Back