Aeropress brethren

Punchy

Slacker Supreme
I finally got a chance to try out my steel filter and Hario mini burr grinder and oh what a difference. So much more of the aroma gets left in the flavor of the coffee it's amazing.

I did 10-12g of medium grounds (the 1 cup mark on the grinder), then filled to the 2 cup mark with nearly-boiling water on the Aeropress. Let it sit 10 seconds, stir 10 times, let it drain into my mug. Didn't even need to use the plunger.

What's your technique for a great cup?

Someday. I barely have time for guitar class right now :lol:

If you get one of the counter top roasters, it's almost as easy as making toast. However I think everyone should start out with a few the heat gun dog bowl batches just to really get that perspective, if possible

I usually use the "pour" method. I have a metal filter but TBH usually use paper ones. Also have a burr grinder but I am starting to lust after a new one; the current one is nice but the finest grind isn't quite fine enough for my wife. I think she may be snorting it.

I have a french press that I use once in a while, but on the whole I think I prefer a pour.

Sidenote: the other day I bought a fine new bag of freshly roasted Hawaiian, not realizing that it had a bunch of coconut flavor added. I just like my coffee to be coffee flavored. :cry:

Have you tried the flip brew method w/ the aero?

Increasing the time the coffee is exposed to the water will give you more extraction.

I usually use the "pour" method. I have a metal filter but TBH usually use paper ones. Also have a burr grinder but I am starting to lust after a new one; the current one is nice but the finest grind isn't quite fine enough for my wife. I think she may be snorting it.

I have a french press that I use once in a while, but on the whole I think I prefer a pour.

Sidenote: the other day I bought a fine new bag of freshly roasted Hawaiian, not realizing that it had a bunch of coconut flavor added. I just like my coffee to be coffee flavored. :cry:

Sometimes I don't mind a little flavor. The stuff I bought to work is Hazelnut (it was a gift). But yeah, I prefer my coffee-flavored coffee as well.

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, as I'm not needing to press. If I didn't agitate I'd probably need to press, but as soon as I stir, it just drains into my cup. Not complaining, just seems like every recipe/instruction I see says press for 30-40s. :shrug:

Have you tried the flip brew method w/ the aero?

Increasing the time the coffee is exposed to the water will give you more extraction.

Haven't tried inverted yet. I make enough of a mess as it is without adding complications :embarrassed:

I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, as I'm not needing to press. If I didn't agitate I'd probably need to press, but as soon as I stir, it just drains into my cup. Not complaining, just seems like every recipe/instruction I see says press for 30-40s. :shrug:

I use a very fine grind in the aero....you need to exert some real force to press it.

Do you stir at all? Maybe I'm just adding too much water to begin with. Need to get a beaker. That's my next purchase :grin:

yes for a couple seconds before I press. I don't measure, I just eyeball the water.

Back