Acoustic Strings

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
In general, I like dead sounding strings. I just restrung my Martin with some E Ball Paradigm (shift!) beta test strings they sent me and the bastard things are way zingy and reminded me why I always put off changing.

Any of you kids got recommendations for strings that don't sound like bees eating glass inside of a blender?

I just started using Gibson Masterbuilt acoustic strings and find them not to be too zingy. Part of that might be the sound of the guitar as well, though.

Elixirs. Exactly what you are describing. And they last a long time.

I've only used the nanowebs and I don't think they sound totally dead but more like a set of slightly worn-in strings that are a little softer sounding & less defined....and yeah, they exactly sound like that for a good long time.

I love the sound of new strings but I'm lazy as hell changing them and generally go WAY longer than I should. But then I'm not playing for anyone else so it doesn't much matter

Reactions: Tig
Bronze wears in quicker.
I've been using these lately, nice smooth tone from the get go.
Martin Monels
IMG_1230.GIF

Has anyone tried these?

images-7.jpg

I have a set,but abandoned my acoustic restoration.

first pm gets them.

Trying some d'addario nickel something or others on one of my dreads. Not quite as mellow out the pack as silk and steels but I'm digging them so far. Not near as zingy as prosper bronze.

Back