Acoustic guitar humidifier that works for guitars without round sound holes?

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I need to find a way to humidify my Trinity guitar, but most humidifiers are built for round sound holes. Any ideas?

I used to have one I made myself. I took a plastic travel soap container and drilled a few holes in the top and bottom. Then I would put a damp sponge in it. I had to keep it up by the headstock so I am not sure how effective it was.
I am doing that right now, but think I need something inside the guitar as well.

I use a sponge in a small freezer bag with slits cut in the bag. Re hydrate the sponge once a month. This has worked well for years on all my acoustics. I put 2 in each case.

615k0-dxwBL._SL1500_.jpg

Yeah, I just do the sponge in the bag trick. And in the dry climate in which I live, just keeping a little moisture in the case to take the edge off is all I do. To keep it super humidified, then have it be in a quite dry environment, is not that productive. Fortunately, my acoustics made it through the transition into a drier environment from which they came and settle in nicely.

I ordered two of these before the Oasis was posted. I'll see how these work, if they don't I'll check out the Oasis.
41ml3CgVtOL._SY450_.jpg

I bought this for my Taylor today:

pw_prod_pw-hpk-01_main_1.jpg

This system either absorbs moisture or releases moisture, whatever the need.

I was looking at that, but it won't work on the Lunas.
Why wouldn't they? I'm curious.

I bought one to use in an electric guitar case, just for my Carvin DC160 that has an ebony board. Ebony can dry out and crack, especially in cold winters.

Why wouldn't they? I'm curious.

I bought one to use in an electric guitar case, just for my Carvin DC160 that has an ebony board. Ebony can dry out and crack, especially in cold winters.
I am assuming that it is like another system I bought that goes into the soundhole - the Trinity soundhole isn't big enough to drop it into.
Trinity2.jpg

The problem is that many sites don't give adequate details on how these things work, so you get it home and find it won't work. What I am using right now is great for the neck but does nothing for the body of the guitar.

I am assuming that it is like another system I bought that goes into the soundhole - the Trinity soundhole isn't big enough to drop it into.
Trinity2.jpg

The problem is that many sites don't give adequate details on how these things work, so you get it home and find it won't work. What I am using right now is great for the neck but does nothing for the body of the guitar.
The D'Addario ones don't go into a soundhole. You just put them in the case.

Back