Acoustic GAS.....

Denverdave

Resident Ragamuffin
I want this guitar.....Larrivee L-03 custom walnut/cedar.

10948.jpg

10952.jpg

10953.jpg

Not on the immediate horizon, but it is what I am looking at. The only negative being it is a custom run and very few dealers get them. This one is a Wildwood Music in Ohio.

Reactions: Tig
If you do decide to buy a larry online, I can not recommend Trinity Guitars enough. They have an LV03W, cut away walnut and spruce on hand but who knows if they couldn't swing the one in your OP..worth a shot. Great bunch of guys w/ excellent communication & very easy to deal with. I described what I was looking for and they nailed it.

If you do decide to buy a larry online, I can not recommend Trinity Guitars enough. They have an LV03W, cut away walnut and spruce on hand but who knows if they couldn't swing the one in your OP..worth a shot. Great bunch of guys w/ excellent communication & very easy to deal with. I described what I was looking for and they nailed it.

I will keep them in mind. Thanks!

Inlay, endpin, and pickguard fails.

But it's nice enough that I could let it slide and not judge you harshly.

The best sounding acoustics I've played have been Larrivees. It's been 15 or so years since I last played one, but I've been wanting one ever since. Unfortunately they just keep getting more expensive and my need/justification for acquisition has decreased exponentially.

Had I the need and means, I'd go after something like the one Ler described. The OP one is quite lovely as well.

Last edited:
The best sounding acoustics I've played have been Larrivees. It's been 15 or so years since I last played one, but I've been wanting one ever since. Unfortunately they just keep getting more expensive and my need/justification for acquisition has decreased exponentially.

Had I the need and means, I'd go after something like the one Ler described. The OP one is quite lovely as well.

I used to own a Larrivee OM-5 that I really liked. I have played a bunch of Larrivees over the years. They do tend to be a bit tight when they are new, but they open up better than most other brands once they get played a bit.

Inlay, endpin, and pickguard fails.

But it's nice enough that I could let it slide and not judge you harshly.

Well, a custom is out of the budget right now and and that is about the only way you avoid any neck inlay or pickguard. At least the inlay is very minimal. The endpin will be there becasue I will have a pickup in most any acoutic I own.

Back