A VERY positive GC thread

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
I bought a Marshall DSL40C a year ago from my local GC and have ;loved it from day one. Starting last week though after it had been on for 15 or 20 minutes it would start making farting,growling and in general sounded like shit. I would turn it up,and it still sounded bad,just louder
I bought the 36 month warranty and took it back today. The manager called the Extended Warranty center and they said the amp was still under Marshall warranty and wouldnt honor the warranty.they told me to take it tp the 'Local' Marshall Warranty repair which is an absolute CRAP place to deal with.
I got pissed off, and told the warranty guy to go to hell

The manager at GC said he didnt like the way I was being treated and asked if i could give him a minute.He went into the office and came back 15 minutes later and let me exchange my amp for the same ampo (a floor model) they had in stock.

i was VERY impressed with this individual,and as much as i have a Love/hate relationship with GC acts like these make me go back

Right on. I can't say I have actually bought anything from GC since I stopped gigging, but I can't say I ever had a bad experience from purchasing there. Listening to the 14 year old kids playing Metallica riffs on out of tune guitars with the amp on 10 is another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is excellent. I have had some truly great GC dealings. Never understood all the vitriol.

Maybe your store isn't filled with lying, arrogant scumbags that won't admit they were wrong or even simply "misinformed" when you show them proof from a manufacturer.

Glad it worked out ok Scott. My GC in Nashville is a pretty good store, and the one I visited in Oxnard, California was also a very good store. I even got an email from the sales guy, inviting me back whenever I happen to be in town.

I am so used to NO customer service in life that i am really shocked to the tits when someone goes above and beyond. I asked him for a corporate email that i could express my thanks to,and i'm going to call the store manager tomorrow as well.

I'm really glad that this worked out for you, but I'll be a dick and say that what happened is what should have been straight off.

We're actually so used to shitty to no customer service that someone does something as simple and obvious as this we think it's above and beyond. Clearly they didn't have to do anything given their crap ass policy (and after you bought and extended warranty...what the flippin' eff is that about!?), but they should have taken care without a thought.

Knowing that you are gigging musician, I'm glad they got you working gear.

I'm really glad that this worked out for you, but I'll be a dick and say that what happened is what should have been straight off.

We're actually so used to shitty to no customer service that someone does something as simple and obvious as this we think it's above and beyond. Clearly they didn't have to do anything given their crap ass policy (and after you bought and extended warranty...what the flippin' eff is that about!?), but they should have taken care without a thought.

I agree with what you are saying,and a few years ago that action would have been SOP at the GC stores. It seems like since about 2009-2010 the level of Customer Service hasnt been the best there

While I absolutely agree with you (as a former GC employee, too), it's good that this posted. If you show GC what does gain them customers rather than just complaining about how they lose them they might actually listen. I know that's a long shot, but that's just my opinion.

Back