A versatile dirt pedal?

I thought it was a copy of the JHS color box/crayon. But I only thought that because of the name. I've never read about it or heard it.

Oddly, they both came out with pedals of the same name at nearly the same time. Even more oddly, JHS is coming out with a Mike Campbell pedal around the time Way Huge is re-issuing the Camel Toe. JHS says in both cases that the circuits are different. I have no idea, and I'm not trying to insinuate anything, but those are definitely weird coincidences.

Depends on how clean that amp is. Super Reverb "clean" or JC120 clean?

Many of the popular pedals really on the compression/saturation of an amp cranked into it's sweet spot to smooth out some of the square edges. These same pedals can sound harsh or artificial without that smoothing effect.

If using a really clean amp, you may favor a good "amp in a box" circuit...Menatone, Catalinbread, Wampler Tech21 Character series, etc. Affordable? Not sure what's out there, but it's a fast growing market.

because bass/treble and gain/volume, in my mind, are all in the wrong place. If bass and treble were on the same "line," so to speak, that would be ok. If they were each on the right or the left, that would be ok. But it's as if he intentionally made [what should be] a very simple layout confusing.

I have the same complaint w/r/t my Choad Blaster, BTW, but I'm going to switch the pots and make it right, damn it.

because bass/treble and gain/volume, in my mind, are all in the wrong place. If bass and treble were on the same "line," so to speak, that would be ok. If they were each on the right or the left, that would be ok. But it's as if he intentionally made [what should be] a very simple layout confusing.

I have the same complaint w/r/t my Choad Blaster, BTW, but I'm going to switch the pots and make it right, damn it.

Never noticed that. I don't usually dig overdrives so I've never played one. Apparently, the Crayon has a more normal layout.

Back