A short demo of my Mzo.Effects "Ohm" prototype

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

Some of you know Justin TenCate - he builds and mods pedals...This is a prototype of a new pedal that he's going to be releasing in June. I did a quick video that I'm not in love with since I'm not really in tune for much of it but you get a basic idea of what the pedal does. It's kind of two pedals in one...you can mix soft and hard clipping. I'll do a better demo with a better explanation soon once I've used it on a gig and spend a little more time playing with it.

That sounds pretty good. If I was looking for and OD/Distortion, I may give it a whirl.

That sounds pretty good. If I was looking for and OD/Distortion, I may give it a whirl.
I need to play with it a bit still. You can't really treat it like a traditional dirt or drive pedal. I'll do a better video once I have more of a handle on how it interacts with my amps.

I need to play with it a bit still. You can't really treat it like a traditional dirt or drive pedal. I'll do a better video once I have more of a handle on how it interacts with my amps.
Yeah, it's certainly not traditional, but it's got a fire-breathing monster hidden deep within if you set it up right with the right amp.

Yeah, it's certainly not traditional, but it's got a fire-breathing monster hidden deep within if you set it up right with the right amp.
With this being finals week I haven't had much time to work with it but I spent an hour with some students tonight talking about gear and playing it through my Deluxe with the Les Paul and I started getting closer to what I dig. One of the students wants to order one when they're ready based on tonight.

Back