A real life Spinal Tap moment...

I made a Spinal Tap reference in class yesterday and the class just looked at me as if to say, "What is this old man on about now?"

Most of the engineers who work for me are in their late 20's but I have two team leads who are in their 40's so two people laugh at my Spinal Tap/Monty Python references and the others look puzzled and wonder what they missed while they were snapchatting during my meeting.

I make reference to many things that get me blank stares from the students. It's that damned generation gap, again.

I like Python, and I get the references... BUT listening to people recite Python... painfully unfunny, embarrassing and awkward. Don't be that guy. Just don't. It's old, and practically screams "I'm not funny but I'm trying anyway". I'm sorry.

I like Python, and I get the references... BUT listening to people recite Python... painfully unfunny, embarrassing and awkward. Don't be that guy. Just don't. It's old, and practically screams "I'm not funny but I'm trying anyway". I'm sorry.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

All the 20 somethings in my band know their Tap.
But then they are musicians, so that may be the deciding factor.
Python not so much. They've seen Life of Brian or Holy Grail but they didn't grow up watching the series on TV so some Python references would get by them.

Back