Dig it! A quick demo of my 1971 Deluxe Reverb with some pedals.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

After class last night - a student shot this with my phone...I haven't used my big pedalboard through this amp yet so it was interesting to hear what these pedals sounded like with this amp since it had been rebuilt.

Damn, that sounds great!
I'm glad you didn't exceed the 1 squealie per video limit. cop0

And will the Deluxe go back out to gigs again @Mark Wein? Or will the Holland remain as the #1 amp live?
They'll both get played depending on the gig, I think. Neither is particularly quiet though. The Deluxe is on 2 in the video.3 would have been better sounding but it was REALLY much louder.

They'll both get played depending on the gig, I think. Neither is particularly quiet though. The Deluxe is on 2 in the video.3 would have been better sounding but it was REALLY much louder.

Which amp is cleaner sounding? I would suspect the Deluxe to be the one.

Which amp is cleaner sounding? I would suspect the Deluxe to be the one.

Probably the Deluxe but they can be pretty similar. I need to A/B them.
I really liked the Sparkle Drive and the MXR. Wampler sounded great too.

the Sparkle Drive MOD is a very underrated pedal. I always think I should get something "better" but I always end up coming back to this. The MXR FET Driver is definitely a one trick pony for me. Its actually for sale on Reverb.com but I'm on the fence about selling it. I just swapped it into my board in place of the Mojo Hand Rook last night to give it a spin. I'm not sure if you can really hear the differences between the RC Booster and the Harlow because of the video compression. I haven't heard this back on anything other than my iPad yet, and they sound kinda the same.

Back