A post about pedals from ProGuitarShop that's actually worth reading

Informative. I find that for me personally, distortions and fuzzes are simply ways of getting overdriven sounds at less than optimal amp volumes based on the size and volume of the room. Being able to turn the amp up so it can do its job, or throwing a boost in front of it is the ideal guitar tone for me.

What kills me about PGS videos is that they often play through amps that are super pricey compared to the normal Fender, or Marshalls that most people have. Then again, one of the things I appreciate about PGS videos is that they really do show what you can get out of the box. There is always more to it, but at least the playing is decent.

What kills me about PGS videos is that they often play through amps that are super pricey compared to the normal Fender, or Marshalls that most people have. Then again, one of the things I appreciate about PGS videos is that they really do show what you can get out of the box. There is always more to it, but at least the playing is decent.

Really? I thought Andy almost always used a Deluxe Reverb reissue in the demos.

Really? I thought Andy almost always used a Deluxe Reverb reissue in the demos.

He used to use a 65 Amps Soho. Since the general public didn't know it was a corksniffy Vox, the demos had no basis for comparison. Yeah, they sounded good, but so what?

Back