Mojo Request A personal request.....

Really sorry to hear this Dave. I hope it all works out the way it should.

If you ever need a bit of time away and have a couple beers, head down my way.

If you and her decide to work on saving your marriage, go to a session that this organization puts on: http://www.retrouvaille.org/

It isn't counseling. it isn't a retreat. It isn't group therapy. It is hard work. Even though the Catholic church sponsors it, and there will be a priest presenting, it is not religious in nature.

It may not save your marriage, but I can promise you it will make a positive difference in your relationship with each other.

I will be praying and fasting for you DD, I cannot imagine the pain you are going through right now. I hope this famous passage encourages you...

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." --Hebrews 12:1-2

Mojo Dave, and I applaud you for being open to reconciliation as part of the healing process. If it doesn't happen, you will both know you tried.

I'm sure it's a painful time for you, but it seems like you're treating the situation with the care and respect that it deserves. Hope things resolve positively for everyone involved. Mojo

OK.....well......

Mrs D and me had our discussion this morning after I ran my race (I had a 5K race today). She is still very angry and very bitter and resentful towards. Some of that is deserved, some of that is not. Today was not a day to air all the dirty laundry but some came out. Better than keeping it in.

The end result is that we are going to try to work things out, but to be very honest at this point it is not looking good. She is about 90/10 towards divorce and will try because within our faith it is what you try to do. I am more at 80/20 towards and am pretty much in the same place. Doing this because is seems to be the right thing to do as opposed to what we want to do. I do think we owe it to each other to try. Some of the conditions she was throwing out and stuff she was saying make it seem like a longshot. Right now at our core neither of us like each other very much though she is way more negative about the situation than I am.

So we will see what will happen. To start we are going to try and go to dinner once a week and eventually probably start couples counseling if we don't crash and burn before then. So thank you all for prayers/mojo/positive thoughts. I'm not sure where this will end up but at least I think that we are handling this the right way even if neither of our hearts are in it right now. That may follow.

Thanks.

Probably going to talk to #1 daughter about this later this afternoon. The rest of the kids are all out of state....

Back