A new "The Paul" from Gibson?

I don't know a lot about painting guitars, but it looks like they did no grain filler before painting it.
That's why I took that pic. That's one of the places they saved some money.

To be honest though the guitar sounds pretty good, especially considering what you normally get from Gibson at twice the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Like others have said, it looks like it was painted in a hurry by a high school shop class student. Interesting neck joint...scooped out for high fret access. Seems like a bit of a trade-off for play-ability vs. neck joint strength. :shrug:

What's the street price on them?

Kicks the crap out of them.

For the most part they're solid color nothing too fancy guitars but I could see them siphoning off a good chunk of sales from Epi if they're that much better. Curious to see how these play out.

For the most part they're solid color nothing too fancy guitars but I could see them siphoning off a good chunk of sales from Epi if they're that much better. Curious to see how these play out.
I bet that the cheap finish would dissuade a lot of folks from spending the money but if I needed a guitar in this price range or even a little cheaper I'd cough up the extra few hundred dollars.

Just kinda wish they hadn't made the M2 so similar visually. There's a pretty steep price difference and it's going to confuse people.

Back