A New Jam!

see, I have an easy time with this stuff usually.
I treat every chord as though it were either E or A
problem solved.

if Greg Ginn and EVH didn't have to play in key, why should I? :tongue:

mosiddiqi;561687 and a rather sloppy take to get us going :o [URL said:
http://www.box.com/s/e70418067d02f22d527a[/URL]

I dig it. I like how you're playing the chord changes and occasionally ending a phrase on an "interesting' note in the next chord!

I dig it. I like how you're playing the chord changes and occasionally ending a phrase on an "interesting' note in the next chord!

Thanks Mark!..I'm trying to be a bit more targeted with my note choices and bit less widdly diddly dee. :embarrassed:

Thanks Mark!..I'm trying to be a bit more targeted with my note choices and bit less widdly diddly dee. :embarrassed:

:grin:

It felt like your lines made more sense in the context of the "song". Also you seem to be playing better in the pocket with the track, too!

ripping as always. I love the fact that this sounds more like a solo you'd play on a recording as opposed to just a "jam". I didnt try to polish mine at all but I get the feeling that even off the cuff most of what comes out of your instrument sounds relatively polished and in your own musical voice.

Thank you kindly.
In the interest of full disclosure, however, let me say that I rarely just press record and go on these things. I'll jam with it all the way through a handful of times and work out some rough sketches of what I think works and what doesn't. Then I'll go for a take.

BTW, great takes from you guys.
I especially like how mnewb1's take sounds more like the melody of an actual song, rather than just guitar wheedling.

Thank you kindly.
In the interest of full disclosure, however, let me say that I rarely just press record and go on these things. I'll jam with it all the way through a handful of times and work out some rough sketches of what I think works and what doesn't. Then I'll go for a take.

I can see that, although both your singing and your playing always have a polish to them whenever I hear you that I wish I had....

I like all of your takes - Mo (classic Mo burn), Mark (chord tones and arps from hell), mnewb1 (smooth as silk) and Walt (let me smash and burn the notes in your face). Gotta find some time to do this too.

I like the more open feel of yours...not quite hitting all of the changes but i like how strong melodically it is.

Thank you and this really is where I feel I'm hitting a wall. My whole musical world at this point is a pentatonic world of pent minor and the relative pent major, and for effect, I throw in a 6th or a 9th for some color, but I am not able to follow the chord changes and this, I believe is a problem. I certainly have a unique style, but I am limiting myself at this point.

Thank you and this really is where I feel I'm hitting a wall. My whole musical world at this point is a pentatonic world of pent minor and the relative pent major, and for effect, I throw in a 6th or a 9th for some color, but I am not able to follow the chord changes and this, I believe is a problem. I certainly have a unique style, but I am limiting myself at this point.

I use the scales as a framework but I've been focusing on chord tones quite a bit in recent years. And torturing my students with them too :embarrassed:

fuck...I really gotta do this
I'll suck sompared to you guys, but I dont care
I never set out to be a guitarist

I always wanted to be

a lumberjack

anyways, there's be lotsa whammy and out of key shit on mine

Back