A little food pr0n.

I'm going to start making my own soon; we have a Kitchenaid w/pasta attachments on our wedding registry and it looks like someone has purchased it. :love:

I've always had a hand crank jobbers. The only drawback is that you get essentially two dies to cut widths. Any thing outside of that you're cutting by hand.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop eating food.
airplane.png

I've always had a hand crank jobbers. The only drawback is that you get essentially two dies to cut widths. Any thing outside of that you're cutting by hand.

I've even made pasta by hand before, but I no longer have a french pin and you have to be VERY even to work with one.

I love making ravioli and we make a lot of them at work... we don't make them dough in house, but there is a local pasta maker that delivers that fresh to us, and I stuff and crimp them from there. I've also made ravioli from egg roll wrapers, dyumpling wrappers, and all sorts of things. Getting the technique down is harder than it seems, but once you nail it it's a satisfying feeling. A perfect Egg Yolk Ravioli is on my culinary bucket list.

16464577_404468646563385_4476581744752984064_n.jpg

Creamy Medium Salad Shells Macaroni and Cheese, with cubed Spam bits.

The sauce was a variation of the Mornay recipe in the CIA Cookbook, which was a lot thicker and creamier than the sauce I normally make. Whenever I make a mac and cheese I add a bit of ground mustard powder and nutmeg to the béchamel/mornay .

Spam because... well, we like it and it was on sale. :embarrassed:

Constructive criticism: more drizzle and less smear when you're plating.
If you want to create interesting lines use a fork or chopstick to draw the sauce along.
The smear can dry out on the plate, and the wrong colour can look like "something else".

Here's a fun sample of drizzling. I know you know this one, but I really wanted to post this picture.

IMG_4685.JPG

Here's an example of a thicker smear.
IMG_4690.JPG

Constructive criticism: more drizzle and less smear when you're plating.
If you want to create interesting lines use a fork or chopstick to draw the sauce along.
The smear can dry out on the plate, and the wrong colour can look like "something else".

Here's a fun sample of drizzling. I know you know this one, but I really wanted to post this picture.

View attachment 32024

Here's an example of a thicker smear.
View attachment 32025

I agree, I love drizzle. Chef however, prefers swipe, as most of our sauces are served table side in individual sauce pots.

This thread makes me feel like a Neanderthal. I can't remember the last time I had a meal that deserved being looked at before I stuffed it into my fat face.

16464577_404468646563385_4476581744752984064_n.jpg

Creamy Medium Salad Shells Macaroni and Cheese, with cubed Spam bits.

The sauce was a variation of the Mornay recipe in the CIA Cookbook, which was a lot thicker and creamier than the sauce I normally make. Whenever I make a mac and cheese I add a bit of ground mustard powder and nutmeg to the béchamel/mornay .

Spam because... well, we like it and it was on sale. :embarrassed:
Spam, fucking A man.

I agree, I love drizzle. Chef however, prefers swipe, as most of our sauces are served table side in individual sauce pots.
That works. I'd just be more generous with the sauce.
Then again, if it's table side, there's less chance of it drying out on the plate.

Nice! Who doesn't love a swanky, pimped-out, gourmet Octo-Dog.

If you slice the hotdog into strips (vs tentacles as pictures), and then you fry them up, you end up with "snakes". My dad used to make them for us all the time when we were kids.

Back