A heavy cover of a Muse song

valentinbk

Little Hot Wing
Hey everyone, Im back with more music for you. This time its a cover of Time Is Running Out by Muse I did with a friend. We have the original song as foundation and took the cover in a different, much heavier direction. I see it kind of as "when alt rock meets heavy metal".

I did the instrumental arrangements for this one, my friend did the vocals.

I wrote 2 guitar solos for this, one of them is fairly shreddy, and tried to explore a bit into alt-rock leads here.

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

Nicely done! I listened to the original before yours, and you did a great job of keeping it moving forward. You could also think of introducing sound gaps where the original has none for punch.

Last edited:
Nicely done! I listened to the original before yours, and you did a great job of keeping it moving forward. You could also think of introducing sound gaps where the original has none for punch.
Thanks for the comment! What do you mean for "sound gaps"?

The original has some spots where the vocals are the loudest part, and the music drops way off. Might be cool to drop the guitars for a few bars and then WHAM! hit'em hard.

The original has some spots where the vocals are the loudest part, and the music drops way off. Might be cool to drop the guitars for a few bars and then WHAM! hit'em hard.
Ah, I see what you mean. I couldnt really see it happing on this cover, but in general I think its a really cool thing to do. Will probably appear in other recordings.

Back