A few changes and HNPD

Dexter Inferno

Serious error
So.... the FlashbackX4 is history.

Sounds really great, but just too big and cumbersome, and the midi implementation on it stinks.

So I just got in a Line6 M5. Mostly for the delays, but plenty of other usable fx on it as well, and the midi stuff is much better.

As it is now I can remote control my entire board through midi if I want to. Nice :grin:

Also got a 4 in/out patchbay on order from loop-master which should help out with cabling a bit.

All coming together quite nicely. :)
Only thing left now is a second power supply so I can get rid of all the wallwarts, that should be in next month. :)

Here's what it looks like right now:
Fil 23.01.2016, 23.58.22.jpeg

As you can see, there's loads of space left when I get the cabling just right :wink:

Also thinking of upgrading the boost at the end, probably a Spark Mini. Clean boost for leads, so not really necessary with anything bigger than a mini. :wink:

Out of curiosity, why did you end up going with the One Control instead of the BOSS ES-8? BOSS just announced the ES-5, which is tempting over the Joyo stuff I've been looking at.

Out of curiosity, why did you end up going with the One Control instead of the BOSS ES-8? BOSS just announced the ES-5, which is tempting over the Joyo stuff I've been looking at.
He's had the one control since before they announced the Boss. Do you know what the Boss is going to cost? The One Control is about a grand.

I was GASsing one of those for a while, glass to see you like it.

How are the distortions in your opinion?

At the time I got it, the ES8 wasn't in stock anywhere, and over here the One Control was actually slightly cheaper (got a decent deal from where I bought it).
Well happy with the One Control, only thing I sometimes miss that the ES8 has is the capability of rearranging the order of the loops on individual presets which can sometimes be very handy. The OC is ridiculously easy to use though. No menus or shit like that, everything instantly saved without having to press any more buttons.
The only other switcher I really considered at the time was the GigRig G2, but that was just too expensive.

And yeah, I'd definitely go for the BOSS over the Joyo stuff. From what I hear the Joyo stuff tends to be really hit or miss when it comes to QC and reliability.

Pedal wise the only thing I'd consider adding right now would probably be a compressor of some sort if I can find space for it, otherwise what I have sounds great. :)

I was GASsing one of those for a while, glass to see you like it.

How are the distortions in your opinion?

Don't think I'll ever use the distortions to be honest, as I'm already very well covered in that area.
From what I can gather that's the one thing on the M5 that many people are less than happy about.

Did run through them when I got the pedal, and I'd say they were ok. Nothing spectacular, but decent.

I'll mostly be using it for the delays and verbs and the odd modulation thing. Those effects are very good on it imo.

Now all you need is a wah pedal for all those Kirk Hammett solos that you just know you want to play all the time.

:)

Works well so far, although I'm mostly using the delays and verbs on it. Some other cool sounds I might end up using sometime.

Patchbay hasn't shipped yet.. :embarrassed:

Back