A fact about my Reverend Club King 290

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I bought this about two years ago from some guy on Craigslist for $400.

It is equal or superior — in terms of playability, build quality, tone, versatility, and that undefined "something" — to any electric guitar I've owned. It's a joy to play. Everything about it is right. It's the perfect example of how more price tag ≠ more better.

My name is Dmn23 and I'm a Reverend fan.

DSC_0266.jpg

Hard to argue with those accolades or that price. Reverend makes some seriously good guitars.

We live in a golden age of great guitars, despite what you read on line.
Think about it. Back in the "vintage era," your choices for an affordable guitar was a Kay or maybe a Les Paul Junior...
Then the Japanese invasion happened and dumped a boatload of unplayable crap on unsuspecting kids everywhere.
Now you can get a Reverend for $400 used that puts most golden age guitars to shame.

We live in a golden age of great guitars, despite what you read on line.
Think about it. Back in the "vintage era," your choices for an affordable guitar was a Kay or maybe a Les Paul Junior...
Then the Japanese invasion happened and dumped a boatload of unplayable crap on unsuspecting kids everywhere.
Now you can get a Reverend for $400 used that puts most golden age guitars to shame.

It's true. When I grew up anything imported was viewed (often correctly, sometimes not) as junk. Quality still varies from one manufacturer to the next, but the overall standard has been raised to a startling level. I've tried to make peace with the idea of just buying a nice guitar simply because I like it, because it's almost impossible these days to argue that a particular guitar is $1k-$2k better.

Never played a Rev,but I have had Rev GAS since I saw Daves green ( Reeves Gabrels I think ) about 3 years ago.
I might take a trip up to Wildwood guitars next month to try out a few.

So when are you selling me your Guild?

I think I told you I finally got that set up to a degree where everything about it is just sublime. That was the obstacle. I'd tweaked it, and I had various techs tweak it, but for the longest time I could never get it to a place I was really happy with until about a year or so ago. Now it's like buttah.

Agreed. I rarely play my Jetstream these days, but it's a fantastic guitar that I know I'd regret letting go.

I feel the exact same way about mine. I wouldn't change a thing.
You got a smokin' deal. Mine was $460 5 years ago, which was a pretty good deal at the time.

8441147641_83b199f6d9_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back