A couple new Titan'''''''""s

dougk

b00b
Have to send the guys to meet an artist tomorrow night (I'm going to Rival Sons / Sabbath!) and wanted to bring a couple Titan's along. So we threw these together today.

large.jpg

Haven't done Glacier Blue with a gold PG yet but it ROCKS. I love this color combo

164082726.jpg

This one is pretty cool. I painted this one today but ran out of Coral about "half way" and ended up with this really cool Mary Kaye style finish.

This is also the first one to take advantage of the new extra pocket we added for some extra switching. We've had a couple requests about doing Titan "mustangs" so I've been looking forward to doing something with the extra switch options. This one has a Duncan combo with coil split for the neck humbucker and cocked wah tone cap. Pretty snazy :grin:

(BTW, both of these would retail for around 1325-50. Just a little extra for the gold PG and switches)

Last edited:
Both of them look great. I really love the see-through finish on the coral. You should do that every time. ;-)

Both of them look great. I really love the see-through finish on the coral. You should do that every time. ;-)

I might do more. It just happened to be exactly the right piece to pull that look off, they don't always do that.

I take it the finish is poly, if it can be assembled the same day.
That blue one is dreamy and has taken the top spot on mt GAS list.

I take it the finish is poly, if it can be assembled the same day.
That blue one is dreamy and has taken the top spot on mt GAS list.

Everything I spray these days is all UV cure. The satin on Titan is a UV cure but not a poly... It's an acetate something or other. I'll have to look it up tomorrow. It's surprisingly hard and the over all finish is insanely thin. A good wet sealer coat, sand it flat, urethane basecoat color and one satin clear. The entire thing is about 2mils and feels amazing.

The Titan body shape is growing on me.

I'd like to see one in Graffiti Yellow. Seems like the Titans are the rebellious lil brother to a Kauer IMO. They should be more brash.
Picturing a Yellow with white pearl PG and a rev HS. But that's a way out there set of options.

Are those formica titans that were on IG a few days ago going to be offered up for sale or are they spoken for?

Back