A consultant just described something as "nirvana state"

So.....I'm guessing that 'nirvana state' is becoming one of the new hot business catch-phrases then. Consultants tend to talk in cliches more so than most anyone else on the planet.
Because they are incentivized to do so...

We released this video this week. I'm not sure what technology we have that will make it go away, but I think that's not the goal.

ICUP = lol
I like to throw construction jargon at these types and see if they nod and swallow.
Like: Sorry, we've got t-one-eleven protocols we have to abide by.
Or: Our accounting will need the standard WD-40's, of course.
Or: Sure, we'll give it the full Hilti.
OR: Sounds pretty board and batten to me.

Reactions: Tig
I'm having a rotten day. Right now, "nirvana state" would describe blowing my own head off and letting somebody else on the team start something better. :mad:

The entire concept of Nirvana is imperfectly understood and terribly misused in this context. Nirvana is essentially a state where the self no longer exists -- a state of total egolessness. This is damn sure NOT what those idiot consultants are selling!

I love the abuse of "team" at work. Emails that address everyone as "team".
These fucking corporate puppets have no idea what being on a real team is like. The kind where you all depend on each other to not die or become permanently crippled.

lewis-black-o.gif

I love the abuse of "team" at work. Emails that address everyone as "team".
These fucking corporate puppets have no idea what being on a real team is like. The kind where you all depend on each other to not die or become permanently crippled.

lewis-black-o.gif
What I hate is that in my current industry (WHICH I AM LEAVING IN THREE DAYS!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!) the "team" is the group of people that are thrown to the sharks. I think it would be more appropriate if they called us "chum".

I just received an e-mail with this sentence in it:
"This will include the operationalization and measurement of strategic imperatives, usage and relevance of Salesforce.com."

"Imperative" is particularly onerous to me these days.
I once heard someone say the word "imperative" 6 times in the span of 5 seconds and they were not stuttering.
This was in front of our country-level company president. My only thought was, "Well, you're fired."
I was wrong.

So, I am going to pepper my e-mails and discussions with "imperative" from now on.
With concentrated effort, I might own this company in 6 months. I'd give me more time, but the word-of-the-fiscal-year will likely change. So, I need to move fast. It's imperative that I achieve this imperative above all other imperatives.

"This will include the operationalization and measurement of strategic imperatives, usage and relevance of Salesforce.com."

I once heard someone say the word "imperative" 6 times in the span of 5 seconds and they were not stuttering.
This was in front of our country-level company president. My only thought was, "Well, you're fired."
I was wrong.

So, I am going to pepper my e-mails and discussions with "imperative" from now on.
With concentrated effort, I might own this company in 6 months. I'd give me more time, but the word-of-the-fiscal-year will likely change. So, I need to move fast. It's imperative that I achieve this imperative above all other imperatives.

I think it is imperative that you stress the imperative nature of the imperative path on which you are imperatively proceeding in an imperative manner...

I was wrong.

God, I get Salesforce.com e-mails here at work (TODAY IS MY LAST DAY AT THIS PIECE OF SHIT JOB!!!). They can eat a bowl of dicks.

Yeah, fuck Salesforce in it's bloated, meathead face.

I'm one of the more knowledgeable Salesforce users at my job, and even when I know how to submit a referral, or an opportunity, or God forbid, schedule a meeting, it still fucking sucks.

Seriously, why do I have to run a communicator with Outlook that slows my computer to a crawl, yet still have to open the meeting in both Outlook and Salesforce in order to actually invite all the attendees and give them credit for attending?

The entire concept of Nirvana is imperfectly understood and terribly misused in this context. Nirvana is essentially a state where the self no longer exists -- a state of total egolessness. This is damn sure NOT what those idiot consultants are selling!

This exactly. They don't even know wtf they're talking about. If I had a boss that talked garbage like that there's no way I'd be able to respect them.

This conversation just happened:

Me (listening to voicemail): Hey Frank, are we "facing any challenges densifying our virtual infrastructure?"

Frank: Nah, we got that shit down.

Me: Cool. Thanks. (delete)

Back