A burger to end all burgers...

RyanNo3

Pedals - Pedals - Pedals
So... You want a recipe that will change your life? Here we go... I challenge you not to deviate from this one. I'm here eating an apple and a green smoothie thinking about this...

It's summer. We grill in the summer.

The Burg.
1/3# Ground Chuck
1/3# Ground Bison
1/3# Ground Veal
2-3 TBsp of Smoked Paprika (I usually just sprinkle these in... it probably measures to about 2 Tbsp)
1 TBsp of Salt
2 tsp of Ground Black Pepper

The Onion Jam
1/2 Yellow/Sweet Onion thinly sliced
1 Shallot thinly sliced
2-3 tsps of sugar
1-2 Tbsp of Whorschestershireerreereserrreesees
splash o' water

The Souwse
1/3 Cup Mayo
2 TBsp Ketchup
2 TBsp Minced Red Pepper
2 TBsp Lemon Juice
1 TBsp Minced Onion
1 TBsp Fresh Parsley
1 TBsp Relish of Pickle
Pinch of Cayenne (to taste)
1/4 Cup of Water

Ruffage
Spinach Leaves - Rolled like an egg roll and sliced

Cheese -
Nice sharp cheddar sliced.

Fresh buns - Lightly buttered and Grilled

The instructions:
Mix the burger meats with the paprika, salt and pepper. Get a good mush. The color variations of the meat are different enough to tell when you have a good mix. Cover with plastic wrap and toss it in the fridge while you prep everything else and get the grill going.

Prep the Onion Jam and put it ingredients together in a non-stick pan. You won't have to start this until the burgers are halfway... I usually start this after I do the burger flip.

The sauce ... if you have a MagicBullet, toss all the ingredients in there and blitz it until it becomes, well, a sauce.

So take your burger meat out and make one big, even patty. I use a small bowl like a cookie cutter to make the patties. This makes it easy to control the cooking time and ensure you have it prepped the way you like it. I tend to cook for medium to medium-well so depending on the grill it's 7 minute on the first and maybe another 6-7 on the reverse side.

After you make the first flip on the burgers, all you really need to do is turn the burner on for the onion jam. Make sure everything is mixed. Cover with a lid as it cooks. The steam generated from the water and the onions will recirculate and keep the jam from drying out.

Grab the burgers off the grill. Use the spinach on both sides of the bun to keep the bun from getting soggy. Slap on the jam and sauce and drop that heaven patty in....

Partake...

This was not as therapeutic as I thought it would be.

Last summer I got into the "platelet" shaped burger, where they're fatter around the edges, which allows them to cook more evenly and wind up flatter. Changed my burger game.

Back