GPOTD 9.6.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
vpdi6diouszq9e5zpsrr.jpg

Fender Stratocaster 1976 Natural

For sale is a 1976 Fender Stratocaster. Ash body, natural color, maple neck and fingerboard. Original hardshell case included, strap and polish cloth. Bullet trust rod works fine, neck is perfect. Some dings here and there, has played. there's a small hole on the top side of the body, please see pictures.

My father bought this guitar brand new in 1977. He added the big Fender logo (took it on an old amplifier), and also had it customized with 3 humbucker pickups. When he gave it to me circa 2000, I had it modified back as close as possible to the original thing. Pickups are Fender American Vintage 57/62. The pickguard and 5 positions switch are not original (replaced in 2000 with genuine Fender parts). All other parts are original.

The tuning pegs have some slack in them (I think it's pretty common), so you need to tune the strings upward... Other than that, that guitar is a real player!! 9lbs 9oz (very heavy), but it rewards with TONE and SUSTAIN! Great instrument...

https://reverb.com/item/6463745-fender-stratocaster-1976-natural

I have a '74 ash hardtail. It's heavy'ish. I love the guitar (my mom gave it to me), but I wouldn't buy another one.

The logo ruins that one. It's not vintage or collectible, it's just old.

Back