GPOTD 9.29.2016

I dig it. I have a soft spot for Ovation electrics. I like their more traditional bodied guitars a little better (Preacher, Viper, U2), but I appreciate this one. This is a later Breadwinner. The one Brian Krashpad has is the earlier one with the big battleaxe body. I own a Preacher, which is their double cut thing. They're just such unique guitars. Over-engineered perhaps. That's what happens when you let aerospace guys design guitars in the 70's, I guess.

Fun guitars.....but not worth anything near what they are asking.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
-----------^---------------
Like-O-Meter

It seems to me that the Breadwinner was designed to fit in the same cases as Ovation acoustics. Not for the ergonomics or aesthetics, just keeping costs down on case production (at least profile and tops, they still may have used thinner backs...unless it's the same case used for the shallow bowls).

I always dug the Viper:

ovationviper79.jpg

I dig it. I have a soft spot for Ovation electrics. I like their more traditional bodied guitars a little better (Preacher, Viper, U2), but I appreciate this one. This is a later Breadwinner. The one Brian Krashpad has is the earlier one with the big battleaxe body. I own a Preacher, which is their double cut thing. They're just such unique guitars. Over-engineered perhaps. That's what happens when you let aerospace guys design guitars in the 70's, I guess.

The silhouette of the two is similar, the top edge arc has a dip in it on these Limiteds, which are pretty rare. If you look at the pic of it in the hardshell case, it shows the comparison of a regular Breadwinner versus the Limited.

89322043_f6ac1ee01c_o.jpg

Obviously, would. I wish my Breadwinner had the mini-hums like that Limited. Although the ones in mine look like humbuckers, they're not. They're "toroidal" (whatever in hell that is) single coils.

Back