GPOTD 9.19.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
rjziu1fwbrtcrsh8ueei.jpg

qldsraol0pzv8qcskiyn.jpg

y2ajh4dzupqwojmytq5x.jpg

Rare and MINTY! Carvin Allan Holdsworth Custom Fatboy 2000 Flamed Koa

A beautiful 2000 Allan Holdsworth Fatboy HF2 in stunning Koa Flamed finish. This guitar has an awesome vibe! Plug it in and just get carried away by the sweet tunes. Really versatile and rich sounding guitar that really has a warm sound throughout the entire spectrum. Plays great with ease. No issues at all. Frets are like new. Barely played and ready to go. This guitar is in FANTASTIC shape. Purchased and kept mostly in the case. Almost perfect. Has a small amount of wear on the gold. That’s it! Excellent shape. 9.8 of 10. No breaks, cracks or repairs. All original. See the many images below! Includes original Custom Hard case.

https://reverb.com/item/6524254-rare-and-minty-carvin-allan-holdsworth-custom-fatboy-2000-flamed-koa

I dig the concept of these and always wanted a guitar built in that manner, but I'm much too big to play a guitar that looked tiny on skinny old Alan. So I'll have to pass.

That's the full-sized original Holdsworth...about the size of a Tele, with 24-frets on 25.5" scale...for those concerned about size. The smaller ones were newer and headless. The Fatboy is deeper and hollow with suspension beams, like the Godin Montreal and the Sadowsky Semi-Hollow (which I think start with the same platform, just not sure where it's manufactured).

Anyway, I dig it. It's the only current Carvin (or whatever the heck they're calling themselves now) that I like. And that koa is lovely.

Wow it has a headstock!

I have played a few of Al's guitars but not that one. I would try because it is made of KOA.

Back