GPOTD 9.16.16

Chad

Slender Hobbit
dbishdm8gwnlflezipmd.jpg
gok6bycweyhezye8u63b.jpg
qvcvqidpcq8ivdnaqhme.jpg
v4uw9f2t48pcg41vcgpe.jpg

Don Grosh Electrajet Custom 2010 Charcoal Frost Metallic

A 2010 Grosh Electrajet Custom, with original hard shell case. The finish is Charcoal Frost Metallic, which is kind of a dark blue/gray that can look different depending on lighting.

This guitar does show minor wear from use. There are a few dings (tiny headstock dings for example) and scratches that only go into the surface of the finish. Also, a little belt rash, but nothing major. See photos for details!

It is in very good condition and frets still should have at least several years of life in them.

Specs:
Body
Wood: Alder
Finish Type: Metallic (specify color below) ($150) $150
Finish Color: Charcoal Frost Metallic

Neck
Wood: Maple/Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
Finish: Aged Satin Lacquer Finish
Color-Matched Headstock: No
Shape: Medium/Large Roundback (.850"/.950")
Fingerboard Radius: 10"
Nut Width: 1 5/8"
Frets: 6150 (Medium)
Neck Dots: Aged
Scale Length: 25 1/2"

Hardware: Chrome
Bridge: Gotoh 510 Vintage Tremolo
Tuners: Locking Klusons

Pickguard: Brown Tortoise ($80) $80
Knobs: Speed Knobs (Best Match)
Pickup Covers:

Pickups
Pickup Configuration: Grosh P-90/H w/ Push-Pull Coil Tap for Bridge ($100) $100
Neck Pickup: G-90
Middle Pickup: N/A
Bridge Pickup: Small Block 327

Controls/Electronics: 3-way, Volume, Tone

Case: Custom-fit, hardshell case

Meh.

I played a Grosh once a couple of years ago. Nice playing, well-made guitar, but it didn't grab me and make me want to buy it.

That's the first zebra pickup that looks good to me. It must be because the black bobbin kinda gets lost in the tort guard.

I like the looks of that.

looks cool to me. i generally don't mind zebra pickups but the bridge bucker on that guitar just looks a little weird. maybe needs a cover or just two matching bobbins. i like the body shape and the specs. always liked that color on a guitar too.

Not a fan of Grosh's variation on the Tele or Strat, but they make my favorite Off-Set profile. For this I'd prefer a maple board and anything other than a tort guard, but I'd take this guitar as is without reservation, assuming it sounded good and expecting to play wonderfully.

Back