GPOTD 9.15.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
kjbco2wy3yi5dkclnzbb.jpg

wuhvzluu1r3z4bn2l9cd.jpg

detu8z6cjhnbymgvpmxy.jpg

g2knbrjyt9vfvj9oyk0v.jpg

PRS S2 Sing Custom Color Lime

With an understated, refined appearance, instant comfort and playability, and a voice that is familiar and captivating, the vintage-inspired S2 Singlecut is a guitar you won’t want to put down.

Its all-mahogany body and asymmetrical, beveled top give the S2 Singlecut much of its explosive tone. And while not a super high output guitar, the S2 Singlecut can be overdriven into well-rounded, organic rock tones without sacrificing the punch or clarity found in higher-output guitars (or even active pickups). The bridge pickup is rich with some sparkle and substantial but tight low end, while the neck pickup is a little darker providing great balance and vintage tones.

This is a Custom Color of the Month
https://reverb.com/item/6524608-prs-s2-sing-custom-color-lime

Not bad.
I could live with the color, but I still prefer the S2 Mira Semi-Hollow

Please note: it is chrome and brass hardware, not gold.

Are you sure about that? One of the reasons I never got an S2 Mira Semi-Hollow, is due to it having nickel hardware. I checked PRS' website, and they list the hardware for all of their S2 guitars as being nickel plated.

Nickel is even rougher on me allergy/dermatitis wise than stainless steel is (sadly, as a result of this, I ended up recently getting rid of/trading in my 60s Baja Tele, due to it having nickel hardware, that considering the value of the guitar, is more of a hassle to replace, than it's worth). I contacted PRS, and they told me that all of their guitars have nickel plated hardware, and that they do not sell chrome replacement parts. You can get aftermarket PRS parts, but I have yet to find any replacement parts that are definitely, unambiguously listed as being chrome plated, and made as replacements for PRS guitars. It's too bad, I'd love to have a tobacco sunburst S2 Mira Semi-Hollowbody, but as of now, because of the hardware situation, it's not happening.

Last edited:
Back