GPOTD 9.12.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
e8hddpar0hxzbjmnmrjs.jpg

fzgwvwibpxyf8tuqv7ik.jpg

sqbbdjwjsoyebgj23bly.jpg

dmsirqf274i6w4pqcz90.jpg

lgmzdvpxmnfnmgvxkhty.jpg

Waterslide Coodercaster Blonde w/Roasted Maple & Rosewood Neck, Mojo Lap Steel & Gold Foil Pickups

Made in the USA, this guitar features a beautifully aged White Blonde Nitro Lacquer finish on a lightweight Swamp Ash body with beautiful grain. The guitar weighs in at 7lbs 14oz so it's a nice weight for a Coodercaster with tons of sustain & great balance.

Those of you familiar with Coodercasters know that the design of these old Valco-style lap steel pickups typically results in a middle position where three strings are in-phase and three are out. We've worked with Mojo to come up with a solution to that problem so all Waterslide Coodercasters with Mojo UK Lap Steel & Gold Foil pickups now feature our new switching system which allows all six strings to be in-phase with each other when both pickups are 'on'. Check out the video below for an example of this in action.

The Roasted Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard has a 50's Soft V-C profile (.86" - .97") and a 25.5" scale length that's 1 11/16" at the bone nut with a 10" radius and 6105 frets. It has a light, slightly tinted satin finish that feels great and will not get sticky when playing.

The bridge pickup is a Mojo UK 'Valco-Style' Lap Steel Pickup which is very fat sounding with tons of sustain and punch. These are uniquely sensitive pickups which nail the vintage character and tone of the original design. Primarily used by slide players like Ry Cooder, Jason Isbell and Blake Mills, these Lap Steel pickups have a special magic with open tunings and bottleneck playing.

The neck pickup is a Mojo UK Gold Foil pickup which recreates Teisco's design from the 60's. It holds its own with the Lap Steel pickup with a sweet top end and clarity that provides a nice complement, tonally.

The vintage-style Strat bridge is by Kluson with stainless steel saddles and a steel trem block.

There's also CTS audio taper pots, a Paper In Oil .047 cap and cloth covered wiring. The vintage Silvertone HiFi knobs tie it all together.

https://reverb.com/item/6530054-wat...osewood-neck-mojo-lap-steel-gold-foil-pickups

Not a fan of the "whitewashed" wood finish look (reminds me of cheap, ugly kitchen cabinets), but otherwise I dig it. Even the relic thing doesn't bother me with this guitar. Would love to try it out.

I don't normally look at the price on GPOTD, but $2,100 is bonkers in my book.

Not a fan of the "whitewashed" wood finish look (reminds me of cheap, ugly kitchen cabinets),

Do you mean the traditional Fender "Blonde" finish (a la Mary Kay Strats) in general or just the way this one looks applied?

Last edited:
Do you mean the traditional Fender "Blonde" finish (a la Mary Kay Strats) in general or just the way thisnoje looks applied?

The Fender "Blonde" finish in general. Can't explain why, but I don't care for seeing the wood grain through the light, white finish. For whatever reason, I don't mind the wood grain through the orange stain on this G&L. :shrug:

I should schedule some sessions with Gary to sort out my wood grain issues.

TI_ACB_S24R44M73-1200.jpg

Back