80's gear ads....

Belaire.jpg

"Most?" I remember every single one.

I'm disappointed that the early 80s Dean bikini girl ads weren't included.

Edit: VoidTerraFirma, that's what I'm talking about!

Was expecting even more big hair and mullets.

Guitar gear ad's haven't changed much: Buy this to look cool and sound like your guitar heroes, but now with more vintage tone in every specially marked box.

Those ads remind me how little there was in typical guitar shops of the 80's for guys like me. No wonder I bought all my gear at pawn shops and used guitar stores.

These were a couple of my favorites because my aunt's husband at the time was Michael's drummer. They used to practice at her house and my friends and I would always go over for their practice.
mkvX4U2Iu2MbowueD8ZFQ7w.jpg

gftpm_01_90_peavey_fath.jpg

I don't remember any of them, but I spent most of the 80's focused on keyboards.

Same here, kinda. I was in remote places most of the 80's that didn't have running water much less ad rags. I have to admit they do look painfully coiffed.

Those are all before my time. The most vivid ad memory from the 90s is the "They LAUGHED when I said I had perfect pitch..." ads, where there was a folk music version and a hard rock version, with the same guy, just with a long wig for the hard rock version.

I remember a lot of them from a couple of old 80's Guitar World issues I have. This is my favorite:

74dacc18-372c-4ce6-afff-34e38cb78696.JPG

I always thought that thing was too fucking cool!

I remember a lot of them from a couple of old 80's Guitar World issues I have. This is my favorite:

74dacc18-372c-4ce6-afff-34e38cb78696.JPG

I always thought that thing was too fucking cool!

Me too... but I've never been able to find a single one of those guitars to play in person.

Back