800HP GT500 Shelby -- Sacrilege or Sick?

bsman

b00b
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/c...utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=test&kwp_0=129578

Apparently these guys put $25K of mods into a '67 Shelby to turn it into a modern muscle car. I can't make up my mind whether it's awesome or criminal...

grey-gt500cr_002-970x546-c.jpg

Tough call.

I read recently that the new Ford Mustang is the hottest selling performance car in Germany right now.
Out-selling Porsche 911's for the first time ever.

Guess this dude just wanted to 1-up the competetion.

Not a real 1967 car. Classic Recreations has a deal with Shelby to number the cars in the Shelby registry as if they were 1967 GT500's, but they are modern tube chassis recreations of vintage mustangs, and NOT old shelby cars from the 60's. Everything you see is new/reproduction parts.

I'm a huge Mustang guy. I've owned several and currently have a 2013 GT.

I don't really care for the "Eleanor" style like that.

I've thought it would be cool to do with a 67 Vette. Use modern engine, tires, brakes, suspension.... and throw that vintage looking fiberglass on it.

Looks like there are others out there with the same idea.

b683f1663f58893c1311b9fa30cc76bd.jpg

Not a real 1967 car. Classic Recreations has a deal with Shelby to number the cars in the Shelby registry as if they were 1967 GT500's, but they are modern tube chassis recreations of vintage mustangs, and NOT old shelby cars from the 60's. Everything you see is new/reproduction parts.
In that case, it's great. Destroying an original GT500 would be criminal.

I've always wanted a car with a modern chassis and engine that looked just like a 60s muscle car.

In that case, it's great. Destroying an original GT500 would be criminal.

I've always wanted a car with a modern chassis and engine that looked just like a 60s muscle car.

Yeah, I agree. This is perfect, as it doesn't destroy even an old 6 cylinder donor car, let alone a real Shelby. I think some of the restomod type designs are pretty cool, but I'd prefer by GT500 to be less Eleanor movie car and more original GT500 in looks.

well....in that case.....i guess if you have the cash.....go for it.
i WOULD have a problem doing those mods to a REAL 67 GT500.
also agree with the 'less Eleanor' and a little more original lines. one caveat.....put the Inglese Induction 4x 48 IDA weber set up on the 428 CJ. :grin:

well....in that case.....i guess if you have the cash.....go for it.
i WOULD have a problem doing those mods to a REAL 67 GT500.
also agree with the 'less Eleanor' and a little more original lines. one caveat.....put the Inglese Induction 4x 48 IDA weber set up on the 428 CJ. :grin:

You greedy bastard. Go put that on your own cobra jet.

Don't you have a cobra motor in your car???? The Torino??? Am I really drunk??? Am I confusing you with someone else? I'm at a lame party and about 6 beers in, so forgive me if I am way off. No offense intended, the point is we all should have amazing cobra motors.

Last edited:
Don't you have a cobra motor in your car???? The Torino??? Am I really drunk??? Am I confusing you with someone else? I'm at a lame party and about 6 beers in, so forgive me if I am way off. No offense intended, the point is we all should have amazing cobra motors.

oh....yea.....the Torino. i don't have it any more :(

Back