$800 for a vocal proccesor?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Will it make me sound as good as Taylor Swift?

61533_l.jpg

I guess I don't get what it does, exactly idn_smilie But then again I usually just plug into an amp sans pedals :embarrassed:

It's a voice stomp box with intelligent harmony construction that is based off the chords you play, plus a live AutoTune. You'll probably sound just like Taylor Swift if you whine about how boys have mistreated you and only play AM C F and G.

It's a voice stomp box with intelligent harmony construction that is based off the chords you play, plus a live AutoTune. You'll probably sound just like Taylor Swift if you whine about how boys have mistreated you and only play AM C F and G.
If, however, you whine about how women have mistreated you and only play G C D and (as a stretch) Em, you will sound bluegrass. :grin:

I've looked at the voice live 3.... It's expensive, but does 4 part harmony, guitar and vocal effects, and has a 3 phrase looper built in that can do vocal and guitar looping.

Basically the kind of show I do, I could plug my guitar, mic, and an expression pedal into it and do the entire gig.

But it's $800...... I've got most of those things covered already in separate pedals.

I have a reverb/harmony pedal I bought from MicWalt to use on my Luna amp that does not have reverb for the vocal. I really don't like the sound of the harmony and only used it once to record a Weavers song for the recordingfest. It just isn't my type of thing, but I imagine it could work well for some styles of music.

I think the software is complicated enough that the price makes sense. Wanting a vocal harmonizer is a different question altogether, and is really designed for a very different type of show than the one I'm interested in putting on.

And I've told this story many times, but one of the funniest things I've ever seen/heard is the guy who forgot to turn his harmonizer off during his witty between-songs banter.

Carol and I were in Newport, RI one night and happened in on a guy who was using backing tracks and a harmonizer. It took him forever to fiddle with things between songs, made several false starts, and the harmonies sounded like the Beach Boys underwater. Plus he used it on every damned song. messedup0 :facepalm:

Those units are really good (it's TC, so no surprise there). Cool that it doubles as both a vocal and guitar processor, I can definitely see a use for that.
Chappers did a cool vid on the new one here:

Guy I know has a vocal processor, and he uses the autotune on it just to keep himself in line--he can hear it kick in and adjusts his pitch accordingly.

Back