GPOTD 8.7.17

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
vorechqy8rid3zynxpgf.jpg

sqqiskdqio0127i9pldt.jpg

whnkyodfanuhs0ikqmo7.jpg

1981 Guild Sky Hawk X-79 Electric Guitar - Candy Apple Red w/SkyHawk X79

1981 Guild Skyhawk X-79 Solid Body Electric Guitar in very good condition with light playwear on the front and a few dings, scratches and small chips elsewhere (mostly around the edges). This is one of the earlier models with the "cloud" style headstock that had a mahogany body and maple neck. The pointy headstock models had poplar bodies and mahogany necks. Nice Candy Apple Red finish on the body and neck with a black pickguard and chrome hardware. The guitar has a nice action and the 24-3/4" scale, "C" profile maple neck with an Ebony fretboard has a nice feel. The 24 low/wide frets are in very good condition with light playwear.

The Guild XR-7 (reportedly made by DiMarzio) pickups have a very good tone with a strong output. The guitar is equipped with a very adjustable round saddle tune-o-matic style bridge with a stop tail tailpiece. These Guilds have a tone similar to an "SG". These instruments have been gaining in popularity and due to under 200 of them being built, they are becoming hard to find. This particular instrument being an early model with the non-pointed headstock, mahogany/maple/ebony wood combo is even more rare. Don't let this one get away! This guitar looks, sounds and plays great.

Includes a gig bag.

Serial Number: AD100148

Weight: 7 lbs. 0 oz.

https://reverb.com/item/4634871-198...electric-guitar-candy-apple-red-w-skyhawk-x79

Guild sure made some crazy looking guitars in the 1970s and 1980s.

I think the upper horn needs to be a little longer. Other than that, I like it.

I like it. I don't think I could play it in public with a straight face. You kinda need to be wearing leather or spandex to rock it.

I've seen a few of these off and on throughout the years (the last one I saw was in tobacco sunburst). They're OK - I guess.

Back