mo1nwameupbocxfszuht.jpg

ulujnqymy0ofxfmgsytg.jpg

eknrlo3r6nilogwte67h.jpg

kwhaunfatktsf2uxrabs.jpg

bs4jwbahe8aude5iirgm.jpg

nhrccgie5o3bgm0tfde0.jpg

vytupxrnnskhouaz264c.jpg

Hamer Standard Korina Custom (2007) Trans White

The staff at Lightning Joe's kicked off the Winter NAMM Show in 2008 with a robust order of all four of Hamer's transparent white NAMM Show presentation models.Each of the four is a different body shape, and there is literally only ONE of each on this planet. Let us say that again--there is only ONE of each of these. One and only one. This one-of-a-kind axe is absolutely, undeniably, mint. Flawless. Perfect. Both in physical condition and in build quality. We couldn't resist having all four different models, so we took them to the shop with us. This guitar is mint because it is still brand new, and never owned by a consumer. We love having it hanging out here in the shop, because it truly is a masterpiece to behold. Of course, it's out of reach from customers, so it has remained flawless ever since it arrived here. This particular body shape is the Standard. Featuring a mild weight that is far more bearable than a solid maple guitar, this Korina beauty sings with clarity and sustain. Be on your best performance with this one-of-a-kind guitar, because it will pick up every dynamic of your playing style--the perfect streaks as well as the accidental notes that you played--and will surely catch the attracted eye of everyone. If you're looking for perfection, USA-made Hamers always serve the best guitars.

BODY

Material: Hand-carved Arch Top Korina
Binding: Tortoise/White/Black

NECK
Material: Korina
Fingerboard: Brazilian rosewood
Inlays: 10 Victory
Binding: Tortoise/White/Black
Peghead: Brazilian rosewood overlay
Logo: Mother of pearl
Nut: Ivory

ELECTRONICS
Pickups: Wolfe Tone humbuckers
Capacitors: Oil-filled
Potentiometers: Hamer CTS

HARDWARE
Tuners: Waverly nickel
Bridge: Sustain block

Hardshell case and certificate of authenticity included.

https://reverb.com/item/546388-hamer-standard-korina-custom-2007-trans-white

I've never been an "Explorer" type guitar guy. But this example isn't too bad. There are lots of other guitars id look at before this one though, especially at that price...

I like the guitar.

De-tort it (black!) and change the pickup rings (black!) and it could be a contender.

For such a one-of-a-kind piece, I have no idea why they put these particular plastics on it - the pup rings, tort guard, and gold speed knobs look out of place, and make the guitar look really cheap. Sure, they're easy to change out, but by having them there in the first place, it's an unnecessary turn off.

ETA: and the chopped tailpiece doesn't look right on this, either - needs a TOM.

Looks like a partsPlorer messedup0

Easily my favorite Explorer-type guitar of all time.

This seems to be the correct answer.

I don't play Explorers, but if I did this would be my top choice.

Here's the only other one that I really liked from and aesthetic perspective:

0a5a2928961658e5019d2161f77cd921.jpg

It belongs to Jeff Carlisli from .38 Special. For a few years I assumed it was an early PRS with the bird inlays...but they're not Paul's birds:

Carlisi_Jeff_Explorer_detail_2_JeffCarlisicom.jpg

I really dislike the transparent white finish. Reminds me of ugly kitchen cabinets. Otherwise, I dig it.

I'll need it when I start my Cheap Trick tribute band...

I want you to want me...
I need you to need me...

Hot as fuck! But as many have stated, some of the odder details about this unit make it less appealing than many other Hamer Standards out there. Price is outrageous, btw.

On a side note, lightning joes is where I bought my first blackface baseman. :)

I dig this explorer a lot.

Back