GPOTD 8.19.16

Leo Fenders designs have always been respected as the best bolt on solid planks for a reason.
That reason being designed by politburo turds such as this.

C'mon you hypocritical fuckers. If it said "Danelectro" on the headstock, you'd be talking about all the vintage mojo. If Page had played one, it'd be giving you all wood. Masonite, vinyl, whatever -- most of the guitars made during the 60s by companies not named Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Guild and Gretsch were crap...

C'mon you hypocritical fuckers. If it said "Danelectro" on the headstock, you'd be talking about all the vintage mojo. If Page had played one, it'd be giving you all wood. Masonite, vinyl, whatever -- most of the guitars made during the 60s by companies not named Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Guild and Gretsch were crap...

Danelectros included, which were and still are crap. The only good thing about em is the lipstick pickups, and that was pure luck.

Danelectros included, which were and still are crap. The only good thing about em is the lipstick pickups, and that was pure luck.

The necks on Danos are amazing. Double reinforced alder.

As for the OP, they actually play decently. If you can find one that doesn't have a bowed neck. We had a blue one back at the music school. It sounded cool, but the neck was atrocious.

For me it shows just how far Hagstrom developed in just ten or 15 years. I used to own a mint condition late 70's Super Swede that was outstanding (why oh why did I sell it? there are only about 1500 of them in the entire world ).I'm a fan of Hagstrom, just not this one. I've never tried any of the reissues, but I just can't see a Chinese knockoff being of the same quality.

Wow. Lotsa hate for this one. Who knows? It just might have a crazy, cool sound. I'd certainly plug it in and see what kind of weirdness could be had from it. After all, it is what it is. It's an old, weirdo guitar. (As opposed to being an old, weirdo guitar player. That'd be me.)

Back