GPOTD 8.11.11

i really don't get the "it has too many controls" thing, when you don't even know what they do or if they might be useful.

i really don't get the "it has too many controls" thing, when you don't even know what they do or if they might be useful.

If I remember correctly, there is a msater volume, pickup selector, individual tones for each pickup, coil splits for each pickup, phase switch, series/parallel switch, and vari-tone knob...

...Carvin came close with their 2 vol 2 tone, selctor, 2 coil splits and phase switch back in the '80s...

If I remember correctly, there is a msater volume, pickup selector, individual tones for each pickup, coil splits for each pickup, phase switch, series/parallel switch, and vari-tone knob...

...Carvin came close with their 2 vol 2 tone, selctor, 2 coil splits and phase switch back in the '80s...

i think it's two volume controls, actually. still, there's not a whole lot going on there.

For me it is a design thing. It is like auto dashes. I prefer them to be uncluttered and focused on driving (think euro sport sedan or coupe). If you can put function into other controls like push/pull pots, or flashers on the stalk in the case of a car, so there are fewer controls visually. So I guess I would prefer to combine some of those switches into push/pull pots, or whatever to reduce the visual clutter.

I've always thought the Eagles looked pretty cool in an offbeat way. I might buy it - if it didn't have so many controls (that I'd probably never use [I've never used phase switches, when my gutiars had them]) on it.

it has nothing to do with 'might be useful' and everything to do with ease of use while playing live. Way too easy to get lost with all that crap on there and have to futz around to get the right 'combo' of switches.

it has nothing to do with 'might be useful' and everything to do with ease of use while playing live. Way too easy to get lost with all that crap on there and have to futz around to get the right 'combo' of switches.

its 4 switches. how difficult can it be?

make it a solid colour and we'll talk.
not my fave Rich shape, but I've owned them before, and would again.

Back