7 FOOLPROOF WAYS TO SPOT A FAKE BBQ JOINT

This is making me miss my smoker even more......I don't even have a grill right now.

I did do some baby-back fibs in the oven (they were on sale) and they came out quite nicely. No where remotely close to smoked....but pretty good none the less.

....and there is a good real deal BBQ place ten minutes drive from here....hmmmm....
What place is that? I just heard of a Texas style bbq joint in Broomfield. Woody's Smoke Shack. It is supposed to be the real deal. Going up there in a week or so to check it out. Piggin Out in Lakewood isn't bad too.

How long does it take to cook ribs on one of those smokers, and are you using electric or propane smokers? I've been contemplating getting a propane grill, but could be talked into a smoker instead...

I think a charcoal grill like a Weber Kettle is the most versitile way to go. Can cook hot and fast, direct or indirect, and can be used as a smoker. It's all I cook ribs on any more and I use it as my every day grill. It takes a little thought and attention to get the smoking thing right but not rocket surgery at all. I have a gass grill that just sits.

And ribs should take anywhere from 4 to 6 hours depending on what kind you are cooking and how big they are. And they absolutely should not slide off the bone. That is severly over cooked. But yes, they are done when they are done.

What place is that? I just heard of a Texas style bbq joint in Broomfield. Woody's Smoke Shack. It is supposed to be the real deal. Going up there in a week or so to check it out. Piggin Out in Lakewood isn't bad too.

It's called Brickyard BBQ. Not super good but pretty good.......

Fried-Green-Tomatoes-truck.jpg

fried-green-tomatoes-barbeque.jpg

Mmmmm -- long pig!

I think all of the places around here are 'fake'. There are a couple that do used smoked meat, but they don't ever run out, that I know of. idn_smilie

There's a place over near South Haven, MI (near Lake Michigan, west of Kalamazoo) called Ranch House Ribs that's the real deal. I've been meaning to go there sometime, just never got around to it. Bad thing is, they are about an hours drive one way for me, and it's take out only. There's no place to sit there. I'm not sure I want meat to travel for an hour in the car before I eat it.

Back