Dig it! 7 Easy Guitar Chords That Will Make You Sound Better!

Cool, I made copies of 13 of them. (I currently use one.) I just wish he had more variety in showing the use of the chords. After a while it almost seemed like the same song. :grin:

Reminds me of contemporary church music. All those ringing 4ths and 2nds droning on and on.
Still some useful ideas there despite their annoying (to me ) overuse in a lot of modern music.
A few of those might make good Bobby grips in some dead tunes. I'm agonna try to retain a few of em and try em in that context.

Which is why I said, "at first." Yeah, I'm sure they get easy with time, but not "easy easy." :grin:

Knowing the chords are fine. It is the application that is key as many of these chords utilize open strings. You can't really use them everywhere but they do open up ones playing.

Reminds me of contemporary church music. All those ringing 4ths and 2nds droning on and on.
Still some useful ideas there despite their annoying (to me ) overuse in a lot of modern music.

Indeed. There's a lotta velveeta in those chords/voicings, especially apparent given duder's examples.

Good stuff, I'm only 4 months late to the party. These will be fun to noodle around with and try in some different progressions.

Funny how he apologizes in advance for the Nickelback example in the 2nd vid. :grin:

Last edited:
Didn't Lou Reed say one chord is fine. Two chords are pushing it. Three chords and you're into jazz.

I watched the first part. I pretty regularly use 4 of those chords already, but will definitely look at using the other three.

Back