Couch'd Tater...
This one has @Help!I'maRock! written all over it...:thu:

Jackson Phil Collen PC1 DX Signature Model

p3_uduul4zvb_so.jpg

p1_uk2x02l03_so.jpg

p2_uk1zj3qpf_so.jpg

p5_uwvkzqjg5_so.jpg

p4_uxhyacl1h_so.jpg

https://www.gbase.com/gear/jackson-phil-collen-pc1-dx-signature-model-au-natural
https://www.gbase.com/gear/jackson-phil-collen-pc1-dx-signature-model-au-natural

This new Jackson USA Signature Limited Edition Phil Collen PC1 DX is part of a very special limited run of guitars to commemorate Jackson's long relationship with Jackson Guitars.

With exotic woods and a custom Jackson Sustainer/Driver system, the PC1 Dinky was one of the original Jackson signature model instruments.

Jackson is proud to offer a new incarnation of Collen’s revered model in the form a new limited edition model, the USA Signature Limited Edition Phil Collen PC1 DX. It features a gorgeous mahogany body with quilt maple top in an understated but elegant Au Natural finish, neck-through-body quartersawn maple neck with graphite reinforcement, 12" to 16" compound radius flame maple fingerboard, DiMarzio® pickups with Jackson® Sustainer/Driver in H/S/S configuration, Floyd Rose Original tremolo, reverse Strat headstock and gold hardware.

Color: Au Natural
Body Material: Mahogany with Quilt Maple Top
Body Finish: Au Natural - Oil
Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
Number of Frets: 24
Fret Size: Jumbo Stainless
Nut: Floyd Rose® Original Locking
Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.8 mm)
Headstock: Licensed Reversed Fender Stratocaster®
Neck Finish: Oiled
Fingerboard: Flame Maple
Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio® DP152-F Super 3
Middle Pickup: DiMarzio® HS-2™ DP116
Neck Pickup: PC1 Sustainer driver
Controls: Volume, Tone, Sustainer Intensity, Sustainer On/Off, Sustainer Mode Switch
Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Pos 2. Inside Coil Bridge Pickup/Middle Pickup, Pos 3. Middle Pickup, Pos 4. Middle Pickup/Outside Coil Neck Pickup, Pos 5. Neck Pickup
Special Electronics: 18-Volt Jackson® Sustainer System
Bridge: Floyd Rose® Original
Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Cast/Sealed
Control Knobs: Dome Style
Strings:NPS, .010-.052 Gauges
Case: Deluxe Hardshell

I guess I like parts of the guitar but it's not something I'd actually pay that kind of money for. You could get all of these features at a fraction of the cost elsewhere.

Wow, plays drums, sings, outsells Peter Gabriel 2 to 1, and his own Jackson sig? Nothing that little bald man can't do!

I kid, but honestly, I like the look and design, but somehow wouldn't ever be my thing.

Should hate it but don't. Somehow, the gold HW seems to go along well with the all-natural finish on the neck and body, and it's almost tasteful for something like that.

However, still don't want it...

MAD PROPS for ACTUALLY posting a Phil Collen guitar today as threatened. Two thumbs up!

Not a shredder guy, not generally a Jackson fan, but aside from the rather gruesome aesthetics, I'd bet that guitar is a beast.

MAD PROPS for ACTUALLY posting a Phil Collen guitar today as threatened. Two thumbs up!

Not a shredder guy, not generally a Jackson fan, but aside from the rather gruesome aesthetics, I'd bet that guitar is a beast.

I miss my stolen Jackson.....motherfucking bastards. It has been 28 years since I last held it. Gone but still remembered.

I miss my stolen Jackson.....motherfucking bastards. It has been 28 years since I last held it. Gone but still remembered.
30 years this month since some low-down, despicable POS thief made off with my '76 Bicentennial Firebird, and I still miss it every day.

I've talked to another REDACTED forumite about building me an (nearly) exact replica from his REDACTED line of guitars, but never got as far as a Dollar Figure. I still would love to pull that trigger, and eventually I will when some other stuff gets settled, but I can't post it here as a NGD thread. Internet viewing will be by appointment only :wink:

Back