GPOTD 6.13.12

No thanks....never understood the carry handle

Vai wanted to make sure Ibanez would actually make him a truly custom guitar. so he told them to put the handle in, and they actually did it. other than that, there is no point to the handle.

I wish he'd get ride of that damn Tree of Life inlay, because otherwise I really like it. If it had the disappearing pyramid ones I'd hit it.

That is the one thing I really hate about those models, the inlay. Too guady.

Not bad for a Vai model. I'm not a fan of that inlay and the necks on those are more a shredder profile - and I can't shred. Just not my thing at all....

Ash was playing the walnut tele the other day and said it was one of the better shredders he has played. I'm not exactly sure what that means.

I have an old jem7RB (the plain wood 'rootbeer' colored model) from back in 1988. It is an exceptional guitar. It is also one of the least blinged out Jem models. I think a lot of them are over the top, styling wise. I don't hate this one, as I am sure it is an excellent instrument, but the old style seafoam green kind of seems odd with the pointy type guitar.

for some strange reason, I have always wanted one of those Vai guitars with the grip. If it didn't have the vine inlay, I might actually get one.

As I have said before, someday I would like a superstrat. Just not that one. Don't want the shreddy profile neck or the inlay, don't need the handle, etc. Also, I think I could find a pretty nice fat or superstrat elsewhere for the price. Used Suhr, something like that.

As I have said before, someday I would like a superstrat. Just not that one. Don't want the shreddy profile neck or the inlay, don't need the handle, etc. Also, I think I could find a pretty nice fat or superstrat elsewhere for the price. Used Suhr, something like that.

A used Suhr for $1300? :lol:

I like it more when Vai played Jackson Soloists.

And Charvels before then. Nah, this isn't for me. I can tolerate the color. but I find that monkey grip to be silly. What really kills it for me, is that uber thin Wizard neck profile that Ibanez uses on their RGs. No thanks! I never understood, why so many players seem to think you need a really thin neck, in order to shred.

And Charvels before then. Nah, this isn't for me. I can tolerate the color. but I find that monkey grip to be silly. What really kills it for me, is that uber thin Wizard neck profile that Ibanez uses on their RGs. No thanks! I never understood, why so many players seem to think you need a really thin neck, in order to shred.

Because it's comfortable when you're doing wide runs?

Back